Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Errorcom strike again?

Options
  • 14-07-2004 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice any sites disappearing off the Eircom DNS recently?

I have three customers who have all stopped receiving email and whose websites report

"Non-Existent domain".

Rang Errorcom and they say that the sites are fine from their end and that the problem is in the clients server (yeah, so that's why it affects everyone else too then! good one lads! eircom tech support.. pure class)...

so, the current state of play, 3 clients screaming at me because they are losing business by not having email or a website and eircom saying that all is rosey in their little world.

I want to work for eircom. Seems you can do nothing and no one can touch you for it.

sorry for the rant. tired of this eircom runaround to get a simple answer for a straight forward issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, one of them is back up (after two days).. the other two are still down. So hopefully the problem has been resolved.

But why to eircom always lie to the customer and make life miserable for the rest of the tech support people? And get away with it!

so, crisis averted (almost) and I get to keep my hair for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

God i hate eircom :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by LoLth
    But why to eircom always lie to the customer and make life miserable for the rest of the tech support people? And get away with it!

Because you still for some reason do business with them. Switch host / ISP / DNS / etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by hostyle
    Because you still for some reason do business with them. Switch host / ISP / DNS / etc.
    Sometimes it's not that simple..
    I wish it was... but that's just wishful thinking

Advertisement