Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lateralus

Options
  • 14-07-2004 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

hope there aint a thread on this already but...has anyone bought this yet?? i must say that frankly,i was blown away. i bought this at least 4mths ago, and i am still listening to it frequently....the art work is brilliant ( i actually based my mock lc art poster on it)..... http://www.sputnik7.com/vod/index.jsp?section=music&key=para..if you havent seen the video for parabola see it now at the above link..''tricky'' that used to be in ''massive attack'' is in it, as the alien- man -thing ...the music blends perfectly with the whole theme....and at the end the whole ''eye'' sequence is amazing....
    anyway back to the album, still trying to figure out the songs on my guitar but never seem to have enough time...maynard has the most phenomenal voice..he totally outdid chino moreno on the deftones album ''whitehorse''..no.9....
    this album has so many phucking layers...i was listening to it before on my big headphones and i swear i nearly went into a trance of some sort.....i like the lyrics aswell,very symbolic and obscure....and my absolute favourites are no.9 and 11..forgive me for not knowing their names but i stopped looking at song titles years ago.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yah its an amazing piece of work alright. I don't really have any else to say that hasn't been said above, however I can give you this link which also allows you to watch some of the videos (including Parabola).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

great, they finally fixed that site, last time i was on it to watch a vid the screen froze and my comp wouldnt start up for an hour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You think Lateralus is amazing as is? Do a search for the "Holy Gift", and prepare to cream yourself! :D:D
    There's even a thread or two on it on Boards, also try the ol' Googlemobile. Well worth the effort tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

The inlay card and cover thingy are ****ing brilliant on that album! Undertow is another of my favourites

there are a few albums in my collection that i like for kind of ''mind-altering''whatever you call it......NIN-things falling apart,KYUSS-blues for the red sun,and also JANES ADDICTION-nothings shocking...they are the albums that seem really layered and trance-like...i love them all.....

• Advertisement

i just did!! im going to listen to it now....:)

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    [B JANES ADDICTION-nothings shocking... [/B]

Ahh snap I love this too and the band! I made a t-shirt of it, it turned out pretty good I drew the cover and Janes Addiction and nothings shocking on the front and and I wrote Ted, Just Admit It on the back. I t always gets a few looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Has anybody actually done that thing with Lateralus properly yet? I've tried it by programming the order into my cd player but there's still gaps in between the songs :(

Aye, I did it before. (Think I uploaded it somehwere too, I'll check). Record it onto your pc, say with Cool Edit Pro 2, place trakcs in the specified order and then edit out the silences. Makes for a beautiful experience! :D:D Even just on a cd player, even with the gaps, you can see whats meant by it, and the songs still sound better in that order.

[edit]

Here is Lateralus arranged in the Holy Gift ordering with silences etc removed, Its not the best job that I'm sure can be done, but it does the job nicely (I think). Rename the file extension to .mp3 (Thats why you couldn't download it in the other thread, my netsoc blocks mp3 downloads!).
    I'll remove the link if you so wish, Mr Whore :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

enter worlds bigest tool fan lol

Einstürzende is right, if you havent readthe holy gift u have to, its pretty amazing.

Btw if you're looking for the tool tabs go to www.tooltabs.net

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

I LOVE that album, haven't got around to arranging it in the Holy Gift order but won't be leaving it too long.

My favourites on it are Parabol/Parabola and Ticks and Leeches (for Danny's drumming alone)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the holy gift ordering of the lateralus album is quite nice. I've stopped listening to Tool as much as I used to, finding more and more new bands to keep myself occupied but Tool will always be there, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of their music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

And on the very subject of Tool...

According to an interview with Boston.com, TOOL drummer Danny Carey says that the band's forthcoming album will be "Heavier-sounding." Carey is currently promoting his side project, 'PIGMY LOVE CIRCUS, who issued their new CD recently called, The Power Of Beef.

As for the main differences between the two acts, Carey says that "Tool is more subtle, but Pigmy is more about drinking beer and wailing - it's more like hanging out with your brothers. I'm having a great time. When it locks in, the music gets really heavy. And there are some Tool fans showing up, which is inevitable, I suppose, because I'm one-fourth of Tool, but there's also a lot of other people showing up."

i still havent got a hold of the new ''a perfect circle'' album..any good? i have the ''mer de nommes'' one or whatever its called..that was good.....and the songs are a lot easier to figure out on the guitar than the tool songs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

13th step is excellent yes, its probably a little easier to figure out yes.

btw ppl, if your having trouble searching for the holy gift, search for the "lateralus prophecy", same thing, just easier to find.

mer de noms is better than a 13th step I think, 13th step is pretty ,mellow by my standards

he has really created a bit of a superband there, with james iha and twiggy ramirez...i never got round to buying iha's solo album, but from what i have heard it is not that great...he is such a great guitarist though.....if they let corgan into the band i'd be well satisfied.....i didnt buy any of zwan's stuff, it was way too chirpy (personally i think he was sleeping with pez lechantin (a former a perfect circle. dudette).and thats why he was so happy :p ...she is really beautiful..)....but i will be looking out for his solo stuff..as long as it isnt too self-absorbed...:dunno:

Ihas solo album is amazing tbh :)
    13th step is a darker album that MDN, and IMO a lot better, its a band progressing and evolving, to better things. MDN isn't heavy. Just cuz 13th step is 'ligther' doesn't exactly make it mellow! ;)

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    Ihas solo album is amazing tbh :)
    13th step is a darker album that MDN, and IMO a lot better, its a band progressing and evolving, to better things. MDN isn't heavy. Just cuz 13th step is 'ligther' doesn't exactly make it mellow! ;)

Well I still disagree, the likes of The nurse who loved me on 13th Step sways in my opinion, and really I meant heavy as in regard to the two albums not in general, and taking that into account Mer De Noms is heavier over all and deeper. "Mellow by my standards" I believe was the quote, which means that unless you are, which you possibly could be; a mind reader, my 'mellow' could mean your 'lighter'. Of course i love both albums for their own styles and projectiles but the question was asked. I swear Im not dissing you though cause that'd be so uncool, you're an a perfect circle fan! Im just an awkward ****!

• Advertisement

Don't need a question to be asked to make a comment! :p :ninja:

Advertisement