Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickie web layout question

Options
  • 14-07-2004 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Righto guys, I'm currently migrating over our IT intranet site due to rebranding, and I'm looking for ways to restructure certain parts of the info.

Because it's rebranding, I'm pretty much stuck to a set page template, with no frames, but luckily, pages can be pretty big since they're intranet.

So basically what I have is a big list of email distribution lists. I can pretty much separate them by department/or employee type (so Mangers, Directors etc).
    So what I'm thinking at the moment is a drop-down, with "Manager lists", "Secretary lists" etc in it. When you select one of these, a hidden table appears underneath with the list of, for example, Manager distribution lists - it's all DHTML, because there's no DB/ scripting available to me.
    The exception will be the "Department Lists" option, which will give another drop-down, containing the departments, and obviously when you select one of these, the table appear below with all the lists for that Dept.

Can anyone think of a better way of doing this?
    Basically, the info is currently a big list (100+) of these distribution lists, which is kind of moving away from the spirit of the new look website, and is also a pain in the ass.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cleareyed

Fireworks does this very neatly: popup menus can have submenus. You can have all sorts of vells and whistles with trigger areas and hot spots! Enjoy!

Advertisement