Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripped off...in for sale forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Joodee
    well, if you were purchasing from a company and the item doesn't arrive, then they have broken their contract with you by not providing you with the specified item.
    Also, you buy a broken phone from a shop then you havent purchased a working item either so they are obliged to refund you in whatever manner.

then again, the age old saying goes, let the buyer beware :/
    I'm not sure if you're correcting me or emphasising my point but in case it's the former, two things: first, we're not talking about a shop or a company and secondly I said "down to the seller" (as in "incumbent on the seller to make things right") rather than it being "up to the seller" (as in "seller can do whatever he likes")

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by cyberspider
    It might still be under warrenty with nokia. To the best of my knowledge nokia covers phones for 18 months after date of manufacture. It might be an idea to bring it in to a nokia service centre like the phone shop on Dawson street in Dublin.

Nokia aren't very likely to replace it under warranty. Screens don't crack under warranty. They crack when someone drops their phone or sits on it, which is tough luck and not Nokia's problem.

It's the seller's responsibility here. I agree that it looks extremely dodgy, especially now he's looking for another Ngage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

I had a very good experience buying off the for sale boards, got a lovely gamecube with loads of games for cheap,

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

dirty little bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

JTF sorry to hear about the hastle you've had. We really should a name and shame board. Something like the sin bin in for sale. If you have a good/bad sale you could post a thread. As previously stated this is a community not the buy and sell.

JTF why don't you PM the seller a link to this thread and give him right of reply. Perhaps it may help him do the honest thing - which is refund your money and he should chase An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Hold on for one second all...

Before this Name and Shame Rubbish....

Okay I sold Johnny the Phone....

I sent it via Royal Mail Insured post and registered it for just this reason.

It is insured upto £28 STG or 100 x 0.28p First Class Stamps.

Secondly, It was perfect when Posted, ie it was put into a bubble wrap envelope A4 in size.

I specifically posted from the North so he could get it quicker.

I have offered the reciept to Johnny, why as it will cover the replacement of the screen, it is £35 STG in Carphoneware house in the North... I will make up the difference.#

I have sold several items and bought several and had no issues.

This was an unfortuante accident but refund why, it is insured and will be good as new, when done....

I am not making accusations but how do I not know it was broken by accident by Johnny or someone there and then kick me up the ar5e and say it was me.

I have nothing to hide so here I am and also....Johnny you want to goto court over £50 fair enough I will go without a problem, why ! as I have nothing to hide and have provided you with PM's offering a solution and also the reciept yet you don't seem to want it ??

Who's being unreasonable and before you go saying you were ripped off you were not you got it for a bargain and postage free...

Wrestle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Humm an interesting thread.....

Seems to me that wrestlemania has made a reasonable effort to recitfy the situtation.

JTF... do you accept?....

Its just as reasonable to assume that the phone was damaged in transit or after transit as it is to assume it was posted damaged, how can it be proved otherwise?

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Its just as reasonable to assume that the phone was damaged in transit or after transit as it is to assume it was posted damaged, how can it be proved otherwise?
    This is exactly my opinion as well.

You can argue of course that it looks like it was damaged before transit, but unless you accompanied it all the way during transit, there is no way you can substantiate that claim.

Now from my reading of this thread it seems the phone is insured up to £28stg. It also seems that you can replace the screen for £35stg at carphone warehouse. Wrestlemania has himself offered to make up the £7 deficit out of his own pocket. I fail to see how he can be fairer than that. If he really did mean to scam you, why would he offer this solution? Also, it would appear that Wrestlemania has concluded other transations on the for sale board without any problems. This would also seem to suggest he is bona fide.

This has been an unfortunate incident, but I don't think it's worth getting worked up over. It might be hassle to get a replacement screen from Carphone warehouse, but it could be worse.

Put the handbags away lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me gets Judge Judy on teh Speed Dial!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

now why do people have to bring logical thought and process into this?

some of us have been waiting for a good lynching for some time now.

*mumble* stupid vexorg*mumble*

cant we just keep with the stupid and irrational rantings?
    cmon, these people are here for my amusement!

dance cowgirl, dance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

A lot of people seem to be ignoring the point that JTF posted, showing that Wrestlemania was looking for another ngage subsequently in another thread. He sold the ngage for about €70, but was looking to trade for another ngage with a phone he believed was worth €150.
    Furthermore in the original For Sale thread, JTF offered "€90 <or 60 english pounds>", without an response to this Wrestlemania, reduced the price "N-gage reduced to €70 without charger for quick sale....."
    JTF - "right i give you 70 euro<or 45 english pounds?>"

Why reduce the price when he already had a higher offer? Why the need for a quick sale on the ngage but not on the 7650 (in the same thread)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Reactor the reason why I want another NGage is for my younger brother as he had asked me for mine and I forgot and sold it, I then wanted another for him and hence have bought one since on ebay.

7650 was sold off boards to a friend, subsequently as per my previous reply, I am willing to help JTF to solve this issue and all will be happy..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Wrestlemania
    Reactor the reason why I want another NGage is for my younger brother as he had asked me for mine and I forgot and sold it, I then wanted another for him and hence have bought one since on ebay.

7650 was sold off boards to a friend, subsequently as per my previous reply, I am willing to help JTF to solve this issue and all will be happy..

a likely story!

you were also seen with one shoe lace undone.

So answer me this, if your shoelace was open and you didnt fall over, then you must have been aware of it, and *DIDNT DO IT UP ON PURPOSE*

well, i think we have proven his guilt. get that lynch mob round to his gaff and string him out of a tree.
    i bet he's black as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

:D:D LMFAO

Very Good WhiteWashMan

JTF I agree with Vexorg - a solution(however unfavourable it may be to you) is available that will cost you nothing but a little inconvenience, in the long run you get an ngage with a brand spanking new screen ! Sounds reasonable !

ZEN

Advertisement