Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capricorn One

• 14-07-2004 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this film. Its brilliant, it was made in 1975 and i was wondering if its on DVD??

Elliott Gould is in it and its a great film about a Mission To Mars that the USA is doing but its all a hoax and Elliott Gould is a reporter who knows something isnt right.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

dvd available here from amazon.com.

i quite enjoyed this film. very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1978 it was released. Saw it many years back, a great concept for a film but it became kinda formulaic after a while as it turned into a chase thriller. If I remember rightly they forgot to take account of the time delay (if they had been on Mars it would take 20 mins for the signal to get back to earth so no chance of a quick chat!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It was on ITV last Saturday night so I watched it. Hadn't seen it in quite a few years so I'd forgotten the ending. Which is just as well because the ending feels cut off. I like the premise, hell I love the premise but just like Wag The Dog, the execution isn't as good as it might be. And then there's the ending...

At least the Juice doesn't get many lines and it's a better movie for it. Gould is good but he's playing that crinkly forehead slightly annoyed in a curious way guy he's best at. Despite my misgivings, it's well-worth watching at least once. I've probably seen it three times and I'll watch it again in about a decade (which in itself must mean I think it's better than 90% of the fodder out there)

Great concept for a movie though. Sellable. Just like Wag The Dog. I tend to like high concept movies if done even reasonably well even if as a rule they tend to be no-brainer A-list actor with vague personal problems solving a big problem movies with the usual chick or family subplot in the background (oddly enough Capricorn One is one of the few that doesn't fall into this box).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i think i seen that sucker in the cinema, god im gettin so old hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I saw it last Saturday night for the first time (I'm only 16 - and all my Saturday night friends were at oxegen - boo hoo hoo). Anyway, I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed it - great movie, and it seems to be enduring the test of time admirably enough...

Funnily enough, I went on Amazon later that night with a view to buying it :). It now resides in my shopping cart ... as soon as I have enough money, I'm gonna buy a lot of these movies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

fantastic movie! ... taped it on saturday and was probably the first time I've watched it from start to finish ... but it's brilliant .. even with the end .... which gave me goosebumps

Advertisement