Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen raleigh x1, any suggestions for recovery?

Options
  • 14-07-2004 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I just had a 2 week old raleigh x1 stolen from outside Blackrock Dart station. I've reported it to the garda but I'm not holding out much hope that they will find it.

Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how to track a bike down? Are they usually sent out of the country or could it end up for sale in Dublin/somewhere else in the country? any info would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping to ring around the dublin area bike shops to see do they have any second hand bikes and to see if they just happen to have a second hand X1, its worth a shot.

I know it s probably as good as gone but I don't want to give up without a fight!

Thanks!

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Do you have the number from under the bottom bracket? Could be useful in proving ownership if necessary.

You can watch for people cycling it around the BR area (if they're dumb), call all the Gardai stations within 10 miles and give them descriptions (don't know if reporting at one station is enough, or have things changed?).

Out of interest, can you describe how you left it (locks, etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I'm afraid that I don't have the number from the bottom bracket, just rang Eurocycles where I bought it and they don't keep track of the numbers of the bikes they sell. Also they have sold about 50 Raleigh X1 (or so he says) so there is no guarantee that if I find one with the eurocyles logo on it that it will be my one.

The bike was locked with a cable lock of probably about a half inch diameter. I was using an old lock I got with my previous bike and had not gotten a better lock yet. It was locked to one of those big metal bike lock frames in a bike park right in front of the DART station. It was a fairly heafty lock so I think it would have had to have been knicked by someone with a boltcutters or something. I reckon that that would indicate that it is not going to be cycling around Blackrock and is most likely going to to some dodgy shop down the country, or at least on the other side of the city.

Can anyone suggest any dodgy bike shops near them that would be worth checking out?

any help would be appreciated!

J

Advertisement