Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popped on to Irish COD server :(

Options
  • 14-07-2004 9:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok i tried to join the IOL/POG Irish COD server just now.
    There was four guys on it ,Evil homer,thief,krusty and hydra.
    As soon as i joined i was kicked via vote option,i rejoined three times and was told to piss off .
    The only reason i joined was that i have this Irish server in my favourites list but its never populated,when i saw someone on i just thought id support this Irish server and maybe get numbers on it.
    What i want to know is this server now a clan server or what? because there is no mention of it being so in ASE.
    These guys were incredibly arrogant and abusive.
    If its their clan server then fair enough but my understanding is it is the COD server the Rev Hellfire put up a while back.
    Can anyone verify this please?

server ip 193.120.123.137:28960

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

probably just ****. 2 danish people did that to me once. Probably having a 2v2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ok im angry now, ive just retried to rejoin ,first i got in ok next i was greeted with terrible abuse and voted off again.
    It looked like they were having a 2v2 ok but no wonder the server is always empty with this bs going on.
    Can the voting be disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

only the admin can disable voting. they were probably cybering each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Hydra and thief are irish otherwise known as Pose1don and crow. Crow is crowl on these boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Yeh that was me earlier. I'll explain what happened. We were supposed to be playing that other team in an official on their server but it messed up so I thought we would have to find an empty server and play there. As the IOL server is always empty we went there.
    I know it was unfair but we had to kick you cos it was an official game and I apolagise for the other teams behaviour which was unnessecary.
    Hopefully more ppl will come on the IOL server in the future so its no longer just a constantly empty server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

"official" my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Stephen
    "official" my hole.

sounds painful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by crowl
    We were supposed to be playing that other team in an official on their server but it messed up
    I know it was unfair but we had to kick you cos it was an official game

Did ye explain this to Cully when he entered ?

unfair ? it was downright ignorant !

I am on Cb a long time now and I never heard of anybody playing an official on a public server .

John.

Yeh i know, it was annoying, the other team were supposed to have a server ready but they had problems with it so we had to improvise. As for not explaining it the other team had demanded that we kick any ppl that came on immediately.

So the results are on cb , yeah ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeh i know, it was annoying, the other team were supposed to have a server ready but they had problems with it so we had to improvise. As for not explaining it the other team had demanded that we kick any ppl that came on immediately.

It wouldn't suprise me to see your clan banned from that server.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I attempted to rejoin atleast 8 times .
    Each time i was greeted with abuse like **** off and a lot worse id hate to type here.
    If you atleast explained your situation and asked me to leave instead of the horrible abuse followed by a kick before i could even say hello it would be something but to abuse and kick me on a server that is not even your own server is taking it to extremes.

As i said i often watch for activity on this server in the hope of supporting a possible Irish community.
    I play on and admin on many different game servers and have yet to get treatment like i did lastnight.
    Ive come across a lot in my time in online gaming but this was just plain arogance at its very best.
    For me to even post about this in some way suggests how wrong this goings on is.

Having said that Crowl has pmed me asking to chat to me in irc or msn.
    I shall hear him out.

your a bigger man than me cully , ( not hard admittedly )

So the results are on cb , yeah ?
    Yes they are, if you pm me I can give u a link.
    Having said that Crowl has pmed me asking to chat to me in irc or msn.
    I was on your irc channel earlier but you were away, I will talk to you soon.
    probably just ****
    they were probably cybering each other.
    "official" my hole.
    unfair ? it was downright ignorant !
    To the others, please do not post unnecessary comments on a situation you have only heard one side of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone got any 56k servers i can try?

There are 3 Jolt ones as far as i know i'll try get you the ips now....

Only 2 that i could find but there ya go enjoy it irishgeo. :)

jolt.co.uk - (56K Only) (01) Team Deathmatch [213.208.119.149:28981]
    jolt.co.uk - (56K Only) (02) Custom Maps [213.208.119.149:28982]

To the others, please do not post unnecessary comments on a situation you have only heard one side of.

There really is only one side to this tale .

And while I have seen the result on cb , you should still admit how wrong you were to play on a public server , and then to vote off a person trying to join . It was totally unaceptable .

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

just as a matter of interest I am Getting a broadband connection fairly soon and was wondering if the above sort of thing happens a lot when joining games ?

COD is the game I will be playing and this sounds pretty fooked ??!!

Originally posted by Nemici
    just as a matter of interest I am Getting a broadband connection fairly soon and was wondering if the above sort of thing happens a lot when joining games ?

Nah , I'm playing online a good while now and it has only ever happened to me once , and at that time I was asked .

• Advertisement

Nah this is a very rare occurence dont worry about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Allow me to make the situation clear, and my opinion is the only one that counts here.

The server is a public server kicking people for no reason other than you want to play with your clan is not to happen.

Public server = Anyone can join any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

well put Rev.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Official games never take place on publics, not even pcw's are played on publics, what kinda noob clan is this?

Post up the link to CB someone

Official games never take place on publics, not even pcw's are played on publics

Yes I know, it was a weird situation cos their server was having a lot of problems.

If anyone else has a problem pls pm me, cos posting abuse here is kinda pointless.

Crowl, tell the truth, i've seen you use the server multiple times for officials when it hasn't been in use.

n1ck tell the truth, you are just making stuff up and sh1t-stirring :/

No i'm not, i've seen you do it before and i'm sure it wont be the last time you do it. It just wont be on the IOL servers you do it on.

Advertisement