Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psu

Options
  • 15-07-2004 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Question, if i have the monitor plugged into my PSU will it affect the PS to the CPU itslf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It really depends on your PSU, dave, your PSU is one of those cheap Q-Tec ones right? Lots of ppl on these boards have bad things to say about those units:(. The only real way of making sure is ( using a MB monitor program ) check the voltage rails after 1 hour of prime 95 with and without the monitor pluged in, and compare the graphs/output. Or you could just do some heavy gaming for 4 hours and see if it's still stable:D, that's the nice and easy way ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats a good idea Offler , even just to test to see how the system is doing.

But as far as i was aware, doesent it just grab the power straight from the mains and put it into the socket for the monitor....... ie no transformation of voltages and thus almost no strain on the PSU itself?

Its definetly an older model setup or as Offler said a Q-tec (or simular) as all new monitors are plugged into the wall and PSU's also.

[edit] Doh just looked at your specs. Why bother? You will also need a new cable, like an extension version......

Advertisement