Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish clubs in Europe

• 15-07-2004 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Shelbourne played Reykjavik (Iceland) tonight in the first qualifying round for the CL away from home. It was 0-0 at half time, 10 minutes later and Shels were 2-0 down. It stayed that way until the 84rd minute only for Alan Moore (formally of Boro) to get a goal. Then in the 87th minute an goal by Reykjavik made it 2-2, final score. A low scoring draw will now do for Shels at home next week.

Tomorrow's UEFA cup fixtures:
    17.00 Levadia Tallinn -v- Bohemians
    16.30 Vaduz -v- Longford Town

Sunday, Intertoto Cup:
    Nantes -v- Cork

Shels were the 11th highest seeded team in the Qualifiers Round 1 which was one place off being seeded. If the Irish do well this year the winner of the Eircom league should be seeded in round 1 next year.

Also, Linfield of Northern Ireland lost 1-0 at home to HJK Helsinki (Fin). Ryhl of Wales 4-0 away to Skonto Riga (Lat).

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

5 games unbeaten for Irish teams in Europe so far this year. Not bad goin. Lets hope Bohs and Longford can keep it up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im not confeident at all for Longford. people are undervaluing Vaduz big time, and Longford ahve been shockingly poor so far this season.

Bohs are doing well so far. Still 0-0 with about 15 mins to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Full time in the Bohs game, and they got a 0-0. Well done lads, and here's hoping for a good result in the home leg.

Currently in the Longford Town game, it's 0-0 ( ~25mins). Come on Longford, let's keep it an unbeaten in Europe week for eircom League clubs.

The two teams in action from the Irish League tonight are Glentoran and Portadown, good luck to them.

Also, from the Welsh Premier are TNS ( Half time currently in that match, 0-0 ) and Haverfordwest play later. Good luck to them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Full-Time in the Boh's match, final score 0-0. 6 games unbeaten for the Irish.:p

Currently 0-0 in the Longford game with 25mins gone.

Half time in the Longford game, and still 0-0.

Portadown are winning 2-0 after about a half hour, well done there, keep it up.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by seansouth

Also, from the Welsh Premier are TNS ( Half time currently in that match, 0-0 ) Good luck to them too.

They'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions, if they win that one!!!

Good result for Bohs.

Apparently Lavine is the best player on the pitch in the Longford game. Tha sounds ominous :( , and Longford have already had 4 booked. Hopefully they can get through.

gimmick have you got some type of coverage of the Longford game somewhere. How can i get it to listen to/see?

Cheers

ps. A soccer saturday fan, yeah?

edit:/

Half way through the second half, and Longford still 0-0.

But, alas, TNS have gone down 2-0, and it's full time in that game.

It is currently half time in Portadown, ands till they lead 2-0.

The other Welsh team, Haverfordwest are nearly a half hour in, and currently 0-0.

Glentoran kick off at 8.00

I was just getting updates of the Longford Forum on Foot.ie.

If Longford can come through unscathed, will it be the first time ever that all irish representatives in European competition have all done something to be proud of in the 1st round?

It certainly will do the co-efficient no harm. Just a pity that Citys exploits (and Rovers and SPA in previous seasons) are meaningless co-efficientwise. If they were, we would be ever so slowly be creeping up the ladder.

EDIT: I F**king jinxed them. Vaduz got a flukey breakaway goal late on. Dessie Baker had one ruled out for offside as well I believe, but he was a good 2 yards off.

Still a 1-0 reverse away isnt the end of the world. Just keep it tight at the Flansiro, and they are laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by seansouth
    gimmick have you got some type of coverage of the Longford game somewhere.

You can get the latest scores of all tonights games updated every 30 seconds here . Unfortunately no live action anywhere that I know of.

Ireland got 0.333 points from today's matches AFAIK. It's one point for a win, half a point for a draw, the total points is then divided by 3 (because there is 3 Irish teams in Europe). Boh's and Shels both got a half point. 1/2 + 1/2 = 1. 1 / 3 = 0.333.

We only got 0.333 points for 8 matches last season (Bohs won 1 and the other 7 matches were lost).

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/#crank

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/ccoef2005.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

my memory could be a little off here , but didnt Bohs get a 0-0 draw with Rosenborg .

Originally posted by Big Ears
    my memory could be a little off here , but didnt Bohs get a 0-0 draw with Rosenborg .
    Boh's lost 1-0 at home and 4-0 away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Of all the teams playing Bohs winning is vital as they will be seeded in the nxt round if they get tru.

OMFG Irish team seeded in Euro draw!!!!

Still a prelim but seeding is seeding.

kdjac

Originally posted by gimmick
    people are undervaluing Vaduz big time.
    This was their first ever win in Europe in 21 attempts. Longford are just bad.

If Cork beat Nantes in the 3rd round of the Inter-Toto, will there still be seedings for the Semi-finals? I doubt it but just to be sure.

There are no points for the Inter Toto FULL STOP!

Dont put it beyond City to beat Nantes. Many of the bigger clubs who are in the competition couldnt give a toss about it, while smaller ones, like eL clubs, are well up for it.

Over 2 legs - Nantes 0- 1 City :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

he said seeding not points .

:D

There are no points for the Inter Toto FULL STOP!
    I know that. Malmo were seeded in round 1, NEC in round 2, Nantes in round 3. Is there no seedings for the semi's (ie. just a straight forward draw)?

The Nantes -v- Cork game is live on Red FM:

http://www.redfm.ie/

Only 22mins in, and its already 2-0 to Nantes.

Come on Cork.

2-0 to Nantes after 20 minutes.:(

• Advertisement

2-0 Nantes at HT.

With any luck, City wont cocede anymore and grab a vital away goal. if they can do that, there would be no reason in the world why City wont finish them off at Turners X next week.

COME ON THE REBEL ARMY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

2-0 Nantes at HT.

With any luck, City wont cocede anymore and grab a vital away goal. if they can do that, there would be no reason in the world why City wont finish them off at Turners X next week.

COME ON THE REBEL ARMY!

LOL, I think you're being just a little optimistic here, Nantes are a quality side and played Champions League football only two years ago.

3-0 :(

I guess Nantes were just too strong for Cork.

Yes, but Citys fitness should be a factor. Remember, we are half way thru a season, Nantes are just back in training.

An away goal could still be vital.

Kevin Doyle booked for diving. Bullsh8t, we should have had a peno.

Yes, but Citys fitness should be a factor. Remember, we are half way thru a season, Nantes are just back in training.

Yea, we keep hearing that. City been half way through their season is certainly an advantage but being realistic it's nowhere near enough to bridge the qualitive gap between the two teams.

3-1 !

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Yea, we keep hearing that. City been half way through their season is certainly an advantage but being realistic it's nowhere near enough to bridge the qualitive gap between the two teams.

Why not?

By what I am hearing, City are playing against 12, the ref is so bad. City should have had a peno, the Nantes keeper has had to make a few very imprtant saves. Their 3 goals were smash and grab breaks.

NEC Nijmegen and Malmo are both better sides than CCFC, no doubting that, but City have more drive for this competition that these fellas.

3-1 now. 2 mins added time.

edit : Game over. 3-1 Nantes.

The 2nd leg should be a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Better than nothing I suppose. I feared the worst after they went 2 down after just 20 minutes so on the face of it 3-1 isn't as bad as it might have been. The away goal keeps things interesting.

That said I can't see Cork getting 2-0 at Turners Cross .... but strangers things have happened.

Advertisement