Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin, September 2001

Options
  • 15-07-2004 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I remember seeing an overly bright light in the night sky in Dublin in September 2001.

This was very early in the morning, and I can't remember the exact date, but it looked like an over-sized star.

Anyway, before running off to the paranormal board with queries about UFO's, I thought I'd check here. Anyone know if/where I could find a list of what astrological events where visable, and when?

I've tried Google, but it's a difficult topic to search for. 'Lights in sky' brings up all sorts for a start.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Venus would have been very bright in the wee hours that month.

Was what you saw like a bright star that didnt move? Or did you see shoot across the sky? Was it there the next morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I wasn't there the next morning, so I'm not sure.

And it was like a really bright star, yea. Didn't dart across the sky, change colour, grow in size or anything like that.

I'll do a search for some info on what Venus was doing around that time. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yeah that reminds me, I saw a bright light in the Wicklow night sky in March 1985...Anyone know what that was?? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You taking the piss?

Feck ye, I got my answer :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lol

Actually on that note,
    I remmeber years ago I was looking up through my skylight in my old old bedroom and saw a bright flash, then it seemed like there was only 1/3rd as many stars in the sky, was weird tbh
    then again I was about 10 or 11 so properly my mind playing tricks on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Calibos
    Yeah that reminds me, I saw a bright light in the Wicklow night sky in March 1985...Anyone know what that was?? :D:D

He is asking a valid question so there is no need to take the piss, What he saw was most likely venus and people often wonder what it is. Comments like yours might be funny on After Hours but they are not funny here in a Science forum so take note for future reference.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sorry goodshape, I was taking the piss. Only in jest :D .

Duly noted Redshift. ie no pisstaking on the astronomy forum.

BTW. I actually checked the forum for info on the ISS 'flyover' this week. Found said info at heavens-above.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Tis ok I know you didn't mean anything by it; but it can put people off posting questons in the future.

Advertisement