Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[News] New Battlefield 2 screenshots

Options
  • 15-07-2004 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Here are some new screenshots that 1up.com have of Battlefield2.
    [align=center]t_media.jpg t_media1.jpg t_media2.jpg

t_media3.jpg t_media4.jpg t_media5.jpg[/align]

From 1up.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Oooohhhhh sexy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

nyom nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

They where in pc zone a few weeks back you should see the anti aircraft tank looks cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

wonderful - more middle eastern stereotypes :)

engine's looking very nice - hope they fix the network code this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

What do you mean - middle eastern stereo types?!?! I thought it was Capel Street.

Seriously though. I'd say poor old BFV will be right on the shelf when that hits the shelves....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I must say it is impressive but wont the graphics and the detail slow every thing down! And that means Buy the newest and best graphics card just so you can shoot!!

I think its best to say that i'll stick to veitnam but i'll play that online for the laugh.

So Battlefield2, Rome:total war, Battle for middle earth and Halflife2. These are the Games to buy for christmass does anyone know when Battlefield2 is released or planned to be released?

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    I must say it is impressive but wont the graphics and the detail slow every thing down! And that means Buy the newest and best graphics card just so you can shoot!!

I think its best to say that i'll stick to veitnam but i'll play that online for the laugh.

So Battlefield2, Rome:total war, Battle for middle earth and Halflife2. These are the Games to buy for christmass does anyone know when Battlefield2 is released or planned to be released?

Er what just turn down the graphics detail it wont be out till next year and will rape vietnam

maybe but even when you put the graphics down for vietnam its still gets laggy at times and for a game this good i bet you anything that if you lower it to the lowest then you'll still get lag

Vietnam is laggy because its badly built tbh hopefuly bf 2 wont have the same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

turning graphics down does the opposite to lag actually makes the game run faster.

you should read my Noobs guide to online gaming.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There is a article up on Gamespy about Battlefield 2. I dont have time to read it but here is an extract i quickly grabbed. I must qickly go now though.
    For obvious reasons, the level we looked was called "The Dam": almost entirely, it was a sprawling construction site for a new dam. Even in its current pre-alpha state, you could see Battlefield 2's completely new rendering engine is a dramatic upgrade over the current games, with graphics rivaling some of what we've seen of the impressive-looking Half-Life 2. The first scene showed off a bit of the game's ragdoll physics, with a marine running down a street and then getting blown up and flung far off to the side. When asked, the game's producers said they're using a combination of the Havoc physics engine and some original code created by Digital Illusions CE (the game's developer).

We then had a chance to see some of the game's vehicles, starting with the destruction of a tank, a dump truck driving around in the tunnels under the construction site, and a battle between a Huey chopper and a soldier armed with a missile launcher. With the first shot, the RPG missed its target, and the chopper swung around to return some machinegun fire. The soldier managed to stay clear to the gunfire, but in the process, the chopper shot down a chain that was holding up a container high above the construction site. After the container came crashing to the ground, the game's producers explained that many of Battlefield 2's maps should have many subtle elements like this, allowing players to come up with creative (and likely humorous) ways of dispatching enemies.

From Gamespy.com

Originally posted by KdjaC

you should read my Noobs guide to online gaming.

kdjac
    Since when does talking about lower graphics make me a Noob, i'll have you know i've been playin battlefield since the demo was released!!

Since when does talking about lower graphics make me a Noob, i'll have you know i've been playin battlefield since the demo was released!!

Well anyone who knows anything about graphics cards and games would know lowering the settings would make the game run faster. Its like obvious!

kdjac

Well i dont own a pc and i have been doing that since it came out. But my point was that the game is made to look good and whats the point playing if you can't play it the way it was meant to be played as in with the graphics looking so very good.

I wonder how the guys are on the Navan server right now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well i dont own a pc and i have been doing that since it came out. But my point was that the game is made to look good and whats the point playing if you can't play it the way it was meant to be played as in with the graphics looking so very good.

Games arnt mede to just "look pretty". They are also made to play with, and be entertaining. Also most importantly to make a profit for the development and publishing companies so they can make more of them.
    I wonder how the guys are on the Navan server right now:rolleyes:

If you dont stop going on about it you might find that its not just navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sure whats the point in cycling a bike if you cant do l halfspin napalm double backflips on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

when you guys say battlefield vietnam is laggy, u mean even when ur playing with broadband?!! my broadband will be here in 3 weeks and vietnam is one of the first games i'll be hoping to get into when i get bb and i thought my lagging days were almost behind me now 56k is going in the trash? is it just the odd lag spike? in a server with like 64 players does ur ping on broadband go up by much? like if u get 40-50 ping usually wud it go up when u play with 64 players to like 80 or something? i dont get it, thought broadband was supposed to be the ****

You wont be playing on 64 man servers trust me, they too laggy unless you live beside them.

Its not broadband thats laggy its the server and its connection , a sub 100 ping is fine for gaming but if the server isnt up to scratch then your game will suffer.

IOL servers are fine for me on eircom dsl rarley any lag unless 26 players on.

UK servers ar mostly fine.

But netcode for BFV isnt great so thats alagfest in itself.
    kdjac

The lag isn't that bad but the connection problums are disgusting me hellrazor karma abe Valdez fli fightin cuddles just about everyone that was on got these horrible C.P. and it was realy bad at times i jumped a wall at one stage to duck from a tank Connection problum came up then went away and i still hadn't jumped the wall. Gets quit annoying when your struggling to come first!!

Also i would just like to say that Winters is now the only one left on my knifing list can't wait so Winters keep playing on Navan will ya?:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

u reckon u've knifed all of [TiG], i doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Sweet jesus you talk so much arse kamikaze. Seriously, stfu for your own good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Moriarty, haw are you m8. Havent sniped you in ages, bows head and apologises for messing you one night. Have you got BFV so we can have a game together.

Fairy

Lo mate :) Haven't played bf(v) in 2 or 3 months now, I've been playing planetside every chance I get. Might drop onto cavan/navan over the weekend and teach you a thing or two, we'll see ;)

Ah that TIG vrs NRG clan match wil be all the sweeter tbh

Going to make it one you never forget biz and when we win you can buy me a pint!!

Underage drinking is bad, mmkay?

1. I dont drink 2.I wont be there and 3.I though you where youngish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Kamikaze. You have never knifed me. This I know.

Havent been on in a while. I've been playing other games, but I'll be back to try out this new patch, and plan on killing you repeatedly. No offense.

None takin and do you remember the time we messed around with/on the choppers well u and i had a knife fight infront of a chopper on hastings we were messing about but if that dont count i look forward to doing it again!!

Sign Kami :cool: .

• Advertisement

Kami you really are a hateful person and oddly you just dont learn :rolleyes:

Advertisement