Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giveamanakick

Options
  • 15-07-2004 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

it was my second time seeing them at oxegen the last being when they supported berkley in cork back a few months ago. they quite simply are fantastic me and my buddy were up the front wearing straw hats which were presents for the band but we couldnt get their attention to give them to them. they were brilliant next time i am in cork i shal get their album.anyoner else want to share there feelings about them. great damn riff!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

wanted to see them but coulnt get into the tent because of the rain anoyed i missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

ah, gowan the limerick bands.
    giveamanakick are brilliance, ive seen them loads of times now, and theyve never failled to impress.
    ye should check out some of the cd's they have out. you can buy an album in hmv afaik.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Cool. I was standing right behind you guys :)
    They did indeed rock. Second time seeing them, last time being some Trinity ****e where they got a load of abuse from some dumb fúck trinners. They're album is class. Got me a shirt and all. They were the only band I actually intended going to see at Oxygen and definitely the best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gzdublin

the only band you wanted to see at a €100+ festival was an irish band that play all over the country for dirt cheap all the time...??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

tbh...yes. Was curious about some others like, but they were the only band I was looking forward to seeing. Was going for the laugh really and ended up seeing a few bands I liked that I didn't know before so wasn't a total waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ah yes we were spotted with our hats by someone swing. we are still trying to get in contact with the band to give it them the hats unfortunelty the gloves didnt make it through the weekend. ya i was really looking forward to seeing them. loudest two piece ever! rock hard too

oh yes there is songs to download on their website fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

Only caught the last three songs, I thought they were really good though. I was surprised to see a two piece actually, You don't see much of that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Are they anything similar to Berkeley? Because thats possibly the highest compliment they could be paid! Berkeley are the greatest Irish rock band of the past... ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

They're a fair bit heavier than berkeley.

• Advertisement

oh god ya a good bit heavier, i do like berkeley however but giveaman are so damn energetic you cant help but just love them sooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    Are they anything similar to Berkeley? Because thats possibly the highest compliment they could be paid! Berkeley are the greatest Irish rock band of the past... ever.

Ahem, My Bloody Valentine?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭casso

Who're my bloody valentine?

That's the name of a good charlotte song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CKY

did ye have a sponge hands things on aswell as straw hats?if so im da dude who took yer pic haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Who're my bloody valentine? That's the name of a good charlotte song

Good Charlotte probably got that song name from the horror film My Bloody Valintine the same place where MBV got their name. MBV were one of my favourite bands off al time and in the late 80's early 90's created some of the best music off all time.
    Check out their phenominal album loveless
    full biog here

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=MY|BLOODY|VALINTINE&uid=CADMR0407271714&sql=11:kq6atr59klmx~T1

ya cky we had the sponge gloves too, where were you in comparioson to where i was cuz i have a memory like a holey thing ha what are the odds of that anyway.

i was right too ye,shaved enuff head,blueish shirt,cky thsirt,shorts

i took a pic of u 3 lads on ya cam cuz ye looked 2 b strugglin takin it yerselves lol

ahh ya i remember now yah the gloves made plenty of thigs hard that day, my buddy lost his i kept mine till muse and then got bored of it so ****ed it into the crowd then about ten minutes later saw it at the opposite side o the pit.i was wearing my glove at snow pats and hadn't taken it of for ages took it of and my hand was steaming, i **** you not!

haha nice,..****in is odd 2 randomly meet like this :S

ya i know one of the other guys who posted was behind me and my buddy but out of what a full tent you the person who took my pic is here, classic!see any other good bands up there??

• Advertisement

the cure..enough said haha

did not see the cure went back to new band land to see hope of the states and stayed for the killers, someone told me the cure were awful only played like 3 old songs. wouldnt have that much interest anyway in them.its a rare place to see me, im more of a metal fan but still went cuz most of the non metal bands i like were at oxegen

im not da greatest cure fan myself...but still it was amazing...cant quiet explain

ahwell...will never beat march 4th n da ambassdor seeing cky MWHAAHA

not a cky fan.i hope you don't like HIM.shocking. i saw anthrax in ther ambassador at the start of the summer, ****ing class gig met them afterwards too. john bush signed my man boobs!!legend of a guy

dispise HIM with a passion

anthrax wuda ben pretty crazy

ya anthrax were class, saw machine head back in october too they were brilliant. i think him are possibly the worst band ive ever heard, i blame bam margera for making them popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Hehe I was also a person in this photo and I can remember you Mr. CKY shirt wearing man woo!

Anyway, there is a private message function on boards.ie fellas :)

yay. mr cky is cool

Advertisement