Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem loading site in IE..

Options
  • 15-07-2004 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I finished working on my site about 5mins ago... I'd only been checking it in Firefox, stupidly enough. And I've been landed with huge problems.

http://www.otecha.com
    In Firefox, it looks the way it was intended. In IE, it goes all over the place.

Does anyone know how I can get it to look right in IE?

<edit>After a quick test, it seems the problems are related to the iframes. When making the layout, I left 2 images where the menu's currently are, to use as guides. I removed the images and replaced them with iframes. When loaded in firefox, its happy and furry. When IE tries to load them, it pisses all over the place. Anybody know of a fix?</edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Why use iframes ? Just use divs and position things with CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

You've made an absolute mess of your table layout. Change border=0 to border=1 to see the gist of the problem. You're lucky it renders in a suitable fashion in any browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

also it only works in 1024x768 resolution, it doesn't even provide scrolling bars when you resize the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I'll worry about handling lower res's after I make a 1280x template. The big boys come first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement