Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The White Stripes & The New York Dolls ; Cancelled?

Options
  • 15-07-2004 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

New York Dolls bassist Arthur Kane died Tuesday night in Los Angeles due to complications from leukemia, the pioneering '70s glam rock group's manager told Billboard.com. Kane was 55.

The reunited Dolls were fresh off a well-received appearance at Morrissey's Meltdown Festival in London last month and had also opened some of Morrissey's concerts in May in New York. It is unclear if the David Johansen-led group will still perform next month at Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival in New York.
    As you are all aware THE WHITE STRIPES will perform at Marlay Park, Dublin on 24 August and Belfast on 25 August 2004 but now we can reveal that they will be accompanied by special guests, legendary 70's punk rock outfit, New York Dolls.

That band is cursed, I swear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I doubt if it is cancelled. The White Stripes are on tour and the NYD's were a support act at some of those dates. The NYD's I would speculate are off the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

****, that sucks. :(
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

OMG!

The NY Dolls are one of my favourite bands, I went to see them at the Meltdown Festival in London only a month back, the first and only time i've seen them live, they were so amazing, i know they probably only reformed for the money, but i didn't care, i just wanted to see them live.

My God, i can't believe that, i was looking forward to seeing them in Marley park aswell.

That band is so cursed.

RIP Arthur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭visigoth

Can anyone confirm that they wont be playing? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Nothing's confirmed yet as far as I know. :confused:
    xm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i wonder if jack white's little finger's actin up again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Ive heard rumours that no-one knows if its spelt Marlay or Marley so the whole thing is in jeopardy.

Also heard Sonic Youth could be added to the bill.

One of these statements is true.

Btw NYD played without Killer Kane in Manc-chester recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    Ive heard rumours that no-one knows if its spelt Marlay or Marley so the whole thing is in jeopardy.
    it's marlay park. the estates around are spelt marley.
    despite this i managed to persuade one of my mates that the park was actually named after bob marley, because he had visited once and they'd renamed it in his honour..
    people are stupid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by acquiescefc

its marley park... named after bob marley... he visited there once so they renamed it in his honour.

Advertisement