Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go in Waterford??

• 15-07-2004 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Im going to Waterford city today for a few days with my boyfriend.. What are the best pubs & clubs there & any places we can go visit while we're there? Don't mind travelling around

Any info would be really appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There are various good pubs in waterford depending on what you like..

The cross roads where Parnell St meets John st is where most of the pubs and clubs
    are based... Here are most of the most popular pubs, Geoffs, Muldoons, Masons,
    Rubys lounge and the Woodman.. further up John St are Geoffs and The Kasbah..

The clubs here are Rubys, upstairs over the Woodman and Rubys lounge and Oxygen
    which is upstairs over Muldoons..

Another club called Axis Mundi is down on the Quay side opposite the Tower Hotel and behind the Round Tower called reginalds tower..

Visiting places:

If you have a car, go to Waterford crystal and do the tour.. fairly interesting..
    There is also Tramore which is about 7 miles away, Dunmore about 10 miles away.

If you're into history there is Reginalds tower on the end of the key and half way up
    teh key is the Granary which is like a high tech museum of the history of waterford
    and from what i hear is fairly good too.. but i dunno, never been there..

Thats about it really.. :)

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Where to go in waterford... the nearest exit
    Visit wexford instead.. better pubs, better beaches, everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Thanks for all that info ToxicPaddy.. Is there any places for clothes shopping??

Thanks Repli too for your info!! Might take a trip to wexford for a day! Where would you suggest visiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

clothes shopping , city square is fairly good for womens clothes loads of shops downstairs like top shop river island and oasis , oasis have sone nice tops in at the mnute and not too dear
    go upstairs in city square , pull and bear is a great shop for girls and guys nice and reasonably priced too
    if your into your jeans susstand nope fire trap , route 66 i georges court where boots is has a half price sale on at the minute
    oh yea A wear is opposite the cinema so 2 birds with the one stone there :D

Oh cool, thanks a mill for all that info! Must get my wallet ready so for some spending.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

im gettin me own ready in about 20 mins , yea some nice summer tops in oasis , but pull and pear is greta for casuals , kept me kitted out for college all year anyways:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Visit wexford instead.. better pubs, better beaches, everything

waterford is a much better place to go than wexford - easily! dont know how you can even compare the two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Play safe now! Waterford/Wexford debate can be fought on a seprate thread! :)

Danni there a tour of old Waterford which I understand is well worth the 2 hours it takes, just be ready for lots of Yanks going "how Quaint!"

http://www.southeastireland.com/detail.asp?memberID=8448

Also do the Granary on the Quay-O'Connell Street and of course Reginalds Tower.

Mike.

One more question! Is there a Dunnes Stores in Waterford??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Yeah - the Mens, Food and Drapery section of Dunnes is in city square and the womens section is just outside city square.

• Advertisement

They're split up?? Weird! Thanks for that info anyway coz i probably wouldnt have realised there was 2 parts :)

Advertisement