Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 in at the Fitz - 14/07

• 15-07-2004 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Real rollercoaster of a game last night. Eventually finished third for €350 but could easily have been tucked up in bed by 12pm. Had a nice stack going into the freezeout (8000 which was just above average), but made a bad call on AQ v KK. Got knocked back to 2500 and was expecting to go home at any stage. Then I doubled up with 10s and 5s twice.

At final table I was one of the smaller stacks. Norman and Frank had monsters at this stage. They were paying 5. Two of the smaller stacks got knocked out fairly quick leaving 7. I was expecting to go out next in the worst position (one off the bubble). I got really lucky when Etty called my all in (I had QJs) with AK and the board came up 33443 for a split pot.

Then Norman slowed played the bullets and got a huge chunk off Frank and looked to be coasting. However in a rare moment of madness, probably on tilt after he lost a few hands, he went all in after the flop with KQs with no king or queen on the flop and lost to Etty (dodgy spelling) who had 10s in the hole. That left six and then one other went.

Happy to be in the money but severly short stacked I just clung on for dear life and before I knew we were down to three and I was chip leader. Called an all in bet with A3 only for a jack to come on the turn and after that I never recovered. couldn't complain though as my luck had held on a few occasions early.

Fair play to Marq and Brendan who did a very professional job dealing. Roll on the €50 freezeout !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Well done Neil, that was some comeback. I particularly liked the way that when you went all in twice in a row with 10's and 5's they found pocket twos both times. The sense of relief was palpable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Thanks Marq. Hope you get a couple of pints out of the tip I left. you certainly deserved it. Three coins flips and i won them all. Fair play to you.

It's much appreciated Neil, thanks very much.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

jeez - get a room!! :)

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I had a really frustrating night last night, the whole night I only picked up about 3-4 hands, and anytime I did I was hammered by someone with a better hand.

I had used all my buy-ins before the end of level 3 and thought I'd be heading home very early, some lucky breaks saw me through to the freezeout with about 10,000 in chips but slowly and surely my stack was being blinded away. Or I'd hit a pocket pair and pay for the flop only to have to fold them once the flop landed.

Eventually there was about 15 of us left, blinds at 400-800 and I had 4,100 left. Dapper went all in for about 2,700 I had 77 so called but Etty called behind me and once the flop showed an A and a Q she went all in and I had to fold my cards. Turned out they both had an A in the pocket and split the pot between them.

Next hand the player beside me went all-in and although I only had 10 J I also only had 1400 and I was going ot be the next big blind so if I didn't play here I would have to play on the next hand anyway. He had AKo and the flop brought another 2 A's and that was me finished.

Definitely a bit rusty after my holiday but it was an ok night. If I'd been a little luckier with cards I would have made the final table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Cool was there last night got to second last table the one in the far end ofthe hall right side ( can ya guess who i was?)

last hand was Q5 both clubs and had to go all in against one other player (only had 2000 left) he had a pair of 9's me got nothing on the flop(no clubs) and he tought he was behind !!! :D he won i walked , good night hadnt been there in a while as well.

EDIT! LOL what did u think of Normans 'devil fish' type glasses!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

I suppose they could be worse. They could be like Greg Raymers false eyes!!!

I sat next to Norman all night and he played some brilliant poker. He put down some amazing hands, something I find hard to do, yet in five minutes of madness he went from chip leader to 'out the door'. Incredible was happens when lads/lassies go on tilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Corben Dallas

last hand was Q5 both clubs and had to go all in against one other player (only had 2000 left) he had a pair of 9's me got nothing on the flop(no clubs) and he tought he was behind !!! :D he won i walked , good night hadnt been there in a while as well.

That was me with 9's. Can't believe you called with that hand. I was fairly pissed off cause I'm on the worst spell of bad luck ever and I was convinced you were going to hit a queen. What hand did you put me on to call with Q,5. You must have figured I was on an a total bluff.

LOL so the names start matching the faces! :D

didnt figure on anything cept thought u might have a pair of something to make such a big bet pre flop. ( lot of ppl make that sort of play with AK KJ etc and hope for the best)
    it was just a gamble, was happy with suited clubs and having the Q thought it might see me thru.

I was having a laugh that u thought i was goin to win it after the flop :D were i was getting ready to walk having got no clubs on the flop. have more confidence in yur hands man! :p

yes it was a major risk to call u with such a big bet b4 seeing any cards :ninja:
    sometimes i get the Q tho' etc.

Originally posted by Corben Dallas
    sometimes i get the Q tho' etc.
    and sometimes the flop comes down 7-7-2, but that doesn't mean you should be calling all-in bets with terrible hands. Personally, I'd muck q-4s from the big blind to even double the blinds at that point.

• Advertisement

*gets up from Marq's poker skilz bashing *:D
    jus j/k

Yeah like i said it was a gamble, was running low on chips. wasnt making the play thinking I was on a *guaranteed* winning hand

lol, I suppose when you get short stacked any face card will do. but you're still a Meat Popsicle.

Advertisement