Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of a system set up do u need to run this bad boy

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    thats why we have the Sega forum

NEVER FORGET!
    Haha its like you are sitting on a throne monitoring all threads waiting for someone to mention Sega like the NSA's keywords system so you can sweep in and remind people to NEVER FORGET.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Those were the days. I remember saving up over 100 pounds to buy a 1Gb hard drive back in the day. And breaking the piggy-bank for 16mb ram and a Voodoo so I could play Resident Evil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    thats why we have the Sega forum

NEVER FORGET!

that reminds me of a joke...

knock knock

who's there?

9/11

9/11 who?

YOU SAID YOUD NEVER FORGET :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

lol.
    I remember playing Half-Life 320x240 with the screen minimised to as small as possible like you would with Doom on my 14' CRT monitor. Right upto the screen squinting, very proud I got it to run at all on 7 fps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

0ubliette wrote: »
    that reminds me of a joke...

knock knock

who's there?

9/11

9/11 who?

YOU SAID YOUD NEVER FORGET :(

fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Lol, didn't see the date, was reading the first couple of posts thinking wtf?
    Though I'd fallen back through a hole in time. Again.

On topic, I actually have a 333 if anyone's looking for one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Gutted a P120 pc back together over the weekend - now with 96Mb onboard - From a Linux point of view. The swap file is going to be 200Mb of the 500Mb drive. DamnSmallLinux or what? :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

TinCool wrote: »
    Unfortunately like some of the more affluent q2ers out there i dont own a p2-500 with 256mb or ram, just a lowly 200mmx/32mb/voodoo1, is this enuf or will i have to buy that god damn celeron 333a in which case i would actually have to extend my bank loan ???
    The best part of this is that I actually have a p2 and 64mb RAM on my keyring :)

I actually remember back in the day when Eye Of The Beholder was struggling to on my machine.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

*ahem*

oldposts.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Doom on a 4MB 386 laptop with a black and white screen (my dad's first PC) circa 1996

320x200 but still had to block the screen down a few levels

Ah, the days

• Advertisement
Advertisement