Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting MP3 player to hifi

Options
  • 15-07-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I have an old-ish minidisc hifi (4-5 yrs old) that has connectors at the back for adding a tape deck to it (it currently only takes CDs and MDs). It has no headphones socket.

I'd like to connect an MP3 player of some kind to it and am thinking maybe that if I split wires or something I might be able to do this. Currently the back of the unit has four jack sockets for a tapedeck. They are 2 X IN and 2 X OUT.

I can't remember the name of the type of hifi but will search online. Offhand though, does that sound possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You should be able to connect any analogue device to the hi-fi using the twin phono inputs. It won’t know that it is not a tape check. The best thing would be if you MP3 player has a line out, failing this you will have to use the headphone socket, assuming it is a standard 3.5mm jack. If this is the case you should just need a 3.5mm jack to twin phono cable.

MrP

Advertisement