Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sense of humour

• 15-07-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

It seems that some people in the world have completly lost any sense of humour.

But not Whoopi Goldberg!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

jaysus do the americans have any phucking sense of humour...???...this just makes me dislike that country even more.....why the heck are they so serious..how the hell did hippies come out of that country and everything else??? gone to the dogs so it is....

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    jaysus do the americans have any phucking sense of humour...???...this just makes me dislike that country even more.....why the heck are they so serious..how the hell did hippies come out of that country and everything else??? gone to the dogs so it is....

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!
    According to a co-worker who deals with them a lot it can be put down to their crappy, simplistic use of the english language. Ever notice how they use sarcasm? They make it so obvious that any idiot would notice it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

it really frustrates me....you keep hearing ''oh this is the land of free speech'' and all those other lies...i just hope bush gets the phuck out of the whitehouse so that, that country will get its phucking head straight.....*overuse of expletives=anger*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Jerky jokester Whoopi in dirty diss at Dubya" was the headline on the story in the New York Post.

"Waving a bottle of wine, she fired off a stream of vulgar sexual wordplays on Bush's name in a riff about female genitalia, and boasted that she'd refused to let Team Kerry clear her material," the paper reported.

That's just sensationalism at it's worst!! :rolleyes:

America - Hypersensitive Land of the Free!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by gobby
    It seems that some people in the world have completly lost any sense of humour.

But not Whoopi Goldberg!

Ahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

:D

I dont get it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Have you tried sticking it in your bush?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

A bird in the hand, you know...

*nudge nudge* *wink wink*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Lads, the guardians picking of this ONE example of Bush-bashing is typical of their reporting...

this whas not all that whoopi said, along with here other celebrities who were their to show how much of a lunatic liberal they all were..

http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-camp10.html

if she made those comments in a stand up act, everyone would be laughing

when the stakes are this high, humour goes out the window! goldberg was made an example but their all as bad as each other tbh!

she also got in trouble in march for jokes during her pro-abortion campaign...

funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

when your running a major business. Things like this can have drastic effects. You know how some people are.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm fairly sure I posted about how stifling american culture is for an outsider (me), or was the last and only time I was there.

No sense of humour, not a genuine one anyway, if you've seen Good Morning Vietnam, Lieutenant Steve's idea of humour is probably the only one most americans can understand.

Apparently I horrifically insulted a few people when I was over there due to normal sarcasm.
    Their idea of sarcasm makes me want to wring necks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Originally posted by cormie
    when your running a major business. Things like this can have drastic effects. You know how some people are.

THat is very true but isn't it odd that something like this will raise heckles but the business practices of those same companies don't affect sales at all.

http://www.mcspotlight.org/beyond/companies/unilever.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by CuLT
    Apparently I horrifically insulted a few people when I was over there due to normal sarcasm.
    Their idea of sarcasm makes me want to wring necks.

Yes, myself and a co-worker (both Irish) were only the other day discussing how our American co-workers just don't get us.

We are two chaps who enjoy the occasional banter with the odd one-liners thrown in for good measure and while the two of us would be in stitches, we are met with deafening silence and cold stares.

I think the Whoopi Goldberg thing is a bit too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

Ha, I liked it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

http://www.qdb.us/?4753

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by hostyle

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

I like it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by hostyle

LOL... Damn right there!! :D

Advertisement