Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thunderbirds are go...

• 15-07-2004 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

why on earth are they doing this?? what is the point?? i mean the original was puppets for gods sake..that was the whole novelty of it....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

theyre running out or ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

although in the series they used real hands for grabbing stuff and in the film they use puppet hands

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

true that i say we boycott this film. i mean if they had of made it using puppets then there would of been some sort of point to it but they didn't have the f***ing originality to make a multi million dollar block buster using puppets so instead they did the next best thing and got wooden actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i loved the tv.series, it was just funny the way that their expressions stayed the same no matter what happened and their lips moved up and down ..up and down....and you could see all the strings..i suppose all the actors are going to have to be really orange....

its directed by that guy in star trek

• Advertisement

oh great..and app. they are saying that they want to keep the ''british campness'' of the original..i can see where that is going to go...lets hope ''willy wonka and the..'' will be better......

gerry anderson was offered a consultancy role on the film but refused over the state of penolpes car

lol.....its going to be a disaster........

Just check the states and see if it bombed
    I think it could be kinda similiar to spy kids

uhhh.....man , films are just getting worse and worse..have you noticed the way that they show less and less of the story line in the trailers because the films are so shyte??? most of the time they just show the name and thats it,and your like wtf?!

• Advertisement

i cant wait for spiderman though

did you like the 1st spiderman?? i was a bit disappointed, sam raimi is a bit weak with the dialogue and the storyline, the action was great (wouldnt spideys suit look way better if it was metallic??).....i dunno but i think i preferred the cartoon series and the comics...there was more of a ''sinister'' feeling to them...in the film all the characters are a bit one sided..and im kind of getting sick of the way tobey maguire says ''with great power comes great responsibility''.....he is a bit too nice for the role.....should have picked someone with a bit more of an edge....and mary-jane is not as bitchy as she is supposed to be....

But she is hot
    Toby Mcguire is a good peter parker but a bad spiderman
    He just cant pull off the quips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Spiderman 2 is fantastic for action and special effects. In my opinion its better than the first one but again, like munkeehaven said, the dialogue is pretty weak and the film puts major emphasis on the visual side of things. i'd still recommend it though.

i havent seen much of sam raimis stuff like the ''evil dead'' trilogy....but i did see ''darkman'' a few nights ago on net2..that was a strange film..this scientist gets burnt to a crisp and emerges as this guy who cant feel pain and is horribly scarred..he has developed a technique where he can simulate living tissue so he can pretend to be anyone but the tissue only lasts for 99mins and 99seconds....it was great idea but the ending was a bit pathetic== i am noone and i am everyone, i am nowhere and i am everywhere.... sam does love those cheesy one-liners....gave me a great idea for a comic though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Darkman's fantastic. And the ending's great too - best Bruce Camball cameo ever :D

Spiderman 2 was alright. To much parker and not enough Doc Ock though. And Toby Maguire's not very convincing.

Oh yea, and thunderbirds looks crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

back to thunderbirds

from the trailer i think its a ganna be like a power rangers movie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by m4cker
    true that i say we boycott this film.

I dont think we need to organise a boycott tbh... I cant see this going anywhere, its one of those films that is so bad, they dont even bother advertising for it or getting their actors to do press calls for it... just incase they waste even more money...

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some sort of law has to be passed stopping Amercian studios from adapting British TV shows. If The Prisoner ever gets the green light....well I dont want to even think about that!

Mike.

yes, its very strange how films/tv shows are interpreted across the pond...the shows that i have heard were picked up by the americans are ''wife swap'' and ''faking it''....and the british have adopted ''queer eye for the straight guy'' ......i wonder how oul graham norton will get on in the states ? apparently, he is a bit too vulgar for them..i just dont understand how they get so offended by everything.. .they invented what they are so shocked by...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by mike65
    Some sort of law has to be passed stopping Amercian studios from adapting British TV shows. If The Prisoner ever gets the green light....well I dont want to even think about that!

Mike.
    Why stop at British TV, they shouldn't be allowed to make films from any old TV shows, I'm dreading the Mr. Ed movie (the way things are going it will happen), if they can't come up with any original ideas then they should hire some new script writers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by mike65

Mike.
    Please don't say things like that, not even in jest, they might be watching.
    Judging by the trailers the pod system in TB2 has changed. And blowing up TB 5, methinks they go to far. And yes that pink rolls royce, making it fly is implausible, whereas even cyclists can power a hydrofoil.

The worst thing about Mr ED is that if it looks like any sort of profit will be made on it , an other studio will churn out Francis the Talking Mule in jig time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Words cant describe how bad this movie was.

Famous Five meets the Power Rangers with a touch of the Brady Bunch thrown in....I'm now in therapy !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

bloody americians next there will be captain scarlet or stingray or something:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    bloody americians next there will be captain scarlet or stingray or something:mad:

Funny you should mention that...

Gerry Anderson is helming it himself, though, and apparently its going to be entirely CG... Could be ok if they keep it close to the original...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

seen it, not sure whether i was laughing at it for the right reason, but yeah its not aimed at the now fully growen fans of the old series

think lady P. made the film, she was gorgous to look at and always had something funny to say or do

anyone else notice ..

the strings from brain's kid's hand when they were taking off in tb1

or notice lady P's hair being just like her original's before she got locked in the bank vault

Advertisement