Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz Freeroll 15th

Options
  • 15-07-2004 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

I know there will be a thread on this later. This will save me starting it later when I'm tired and emotional. :D

Who is going tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd say I get more bad beats than the renowned dev crown haha. I just don't moan about them and shout over banter at Norman;). Tonights bad beat: dealt JJ, blinds 1/2 I have 1200 left. I raise to 800, get one caller. Flop is Q 10 ? I raise 300. He calls. Turn is a Q, I know he has nothing and I knew it on flop so I flick my last 100 in, he shows AK I show J's he moans, I'm used to it so I don't bother smiling as there is a fair chance I will have to go through alllll the effort of turning that down upside frown if you get me. Even though there are only 6 cards in the deck that can save him, of course the river is an Ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Chaulk up another 12th place...Gahhh. Why do I go cold at the sight of a 2000 blind and a 4000 raise? The joys of being short stacked.

I played like a muppet tonight. Worst nut flush play...ever! 1500 raise against 400 blind...Oscar saw that coming like I had it playing NUT FLUSH! through the speaker system...agggh.

I also misread my hand tonight. Badly, and it cost me 6500 in chips.. Agggggghhhh!

Anyone else have fun.

btw Norman crashed out very early...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Your the guy who beat me with the 9,5 spades against A,5 weren'y you? I'm the guy who was in the tie. I was most unimpressed that you called in the first place. Knocking me out like that. I was enjoying the company of thaat kurdish fellow. What a charmer!

Sorry about that - sometimes suited garbage holds up :D - at least it wasn't 72o...

Mr H is a charmer isn't he...about as predictable as the wind. I never know if he will turn over AK or 82o when he goes all-in. Pain in the ass, but he bought his way into the freezeout last night (about 6 rebuys) Don't know if he went on to get a ticket.

Any other boardsies get in last night?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by MadsL
    Sorry about that - sometimes suited garbage holds up :D - at least it wasn't 72o...

Mr H is a charmer isn't he...about as predictable as the wind. I never know if he will turn over AK or 82o when he goes all-in. Pain in the ass, but he bought his way into the freezeout last night (about 6 rebuys) Don't know if he went on to get a ticket.

Yeah, I did.
    We actually ended up doing a deal after playing five-handed for what seemed like an eternity. One full ticket and €215.00 credit each for the rest.

No, Hussein didn't get a ticket, I knocked him out with trip aces, which he had too but with a weak kicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I can't believe your all falling for it. I've known him for quite some time, even before the Fitz. He's actually from Dolphins Barn, born and bread, Irish parents etc. It's all an act, he's a bit cwazy.

I knocked him out with trip aces, which he had too but with a weak kicker.

He must have been spitting 'bullets'...was he raging??

Were you on the left of Dave - Table 1 when I went out 12 players left. Were you wearing a black polo shirt last night???

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

I happened to manouevre my way to the final table and the last 5 after a rocky start. samson was ruling the roost with a monster stack from start to finish, after the hand with the trip aces there was no turning back, nicely done samson.

After we got to 5 though the game just seemed to stretch on for one hell of a long time, not much action and everyone was trying to hold back and let someone else get knocked out in fifth. In the end i was happy enough to take 215, if only to get out and home to the leaba.

Earlier in the night i didnt think i'd get anywhere near the final table, down to my last 500 in the freezeout and all in on QJo, surprisingly they held up. changed tables and all-in on KK, doubled up and from then on it was pretty much plain sailing to the final table. Good night of poker in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

I went out in 6th, Can't believe I missed out on 200 quid as I wasn't really interested in a ticket.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

It's credit you don't get the cash.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Edser
    I went out in 6th, Can't believe I missed out on 200 quid as I wasn't really interested in a ticket.

its actually 215 towards a ticket not 215 in the hand, so it'll be another 55 to play at the end of the month. were you in seat 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Yes, seat 8 playing rubbish :-)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

He must have been spitting 'bullets'...was he raging??

Were you on the left of Dave - Table 1 when I went out 12 players left. Were you wearing a black polo shirt last night???

He didn't look too happy, but in my opinion, he should not have played the hand in the first place, A3o will get you into trouble 9 times of out of ten, if an ace hits the flop.

I was immediately to your left, blue plaid shirt.
    Originally posted by Dakeyras
    ...nicely done samson.

Thank you.
    What seat were you in?

Originally posted by Edser
    Yes, seat 8 playing rubbish :-)

you were looking good at the 2nd last table but a few bad hands is all it takes.

Originally posted by Samson
    Thank you.
    What seat were you in?

seat 4, trying my damdest when we were playing five handed to not finish fifth. but since everyone else was doing the same the game got really stilted.

Advertisement