Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Takashi Miike "Visitor Q" on this weekend

• 15-07-2004 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

For those of you, who have sky digital, vistor q is on sci fi sunday at 1.25.

I know there's alot of miike lovers here like myself so i thought I'd post this.

It's mental, ichi, dead or alive, audtion........ god I love this man.

Anyways i wouldn't watch this film if you believe in religion or anything cuz in the first 10 minutes you'll see stuff you never saw in any other movie. Trust me. Put the kids to bed.!!!!

:->

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

This film is messed up.

Incest.
    Necrophilia.
    Drug use.
    Murder.
    Rape.
    Bullying.
    Adultery.
    Domestic abuse.

It's got it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Is that a bad thing? hehe

Anyways it looks like sci fi maybe showing asian films every saturday night/sunday morning at 1.25 now.

The week after visitor q they have that old favourite of all the young ones "Audtion".... Another classic.... God the woman in that is sexy......... anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Freezer was on Sci-fi the other night... that's another pretty good one...

Cute actress as well...

yeh i seen freezer, according to the internet it should have been called "Freeze Me". Yah the actress had a good body in that, i read that she's a nude model turned actress. I thought the film lost momentum at the end though. And she was fairly useless. If someone was trying to rape me I wouldn't be letting them in the front door...

Ha... well that's Japan for you...

You can't be inpolite to your guests...

Notice how the rapist evens takes his shoes off when he comes into the appartment.. that always amuses me... even Dark Water when the mother is rushing back into the appartment to save her daughter, she stops to take her shoes off...

• Advertisement

yah thats funny with the shoes. And your man playing the playstation all day. Ridiculous... and i think i would rather have some photos been spread about of me than letting ur man in too rape me again...I think the movie lost momentum though.. i didn't really like the ending... i wouldn't have minded if she ended happy with her boyfriend.... and why did she have to kill him...? how does she know he's gona tell cops or something?.... ah japanese movies........!!!

Originally posted by Makaveli
    This film is messed up.

Incest.
    Necrophilia.
    Drug use.
    Murder.
    Rape.
    Bullying.
    Adultery.
    Domestic abuse.

It's got it all.

Dont forget copious lactation (spelling?)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

A warning; I bought Visitor Q on dvd few weeks back, but i remember sci-fi showed it about a year ago and judging by the difference the version you'll see on sunday is censored up the ying-yang, get the dvd, avalable on play.com

What's the point in censoring it?
    Show it in full or don't show it all. There's a lot of stuff that could be cut, you could almost cut out half the film, which would make it pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I seen Vistor Q the last time that it was on Sci-Fi. It's a bit messed up but i thought that some of it was kind of funny.

Watched freezer as well last Wednesday, thought that it had a good plot but it did end up losing momentum near the end of the film.

Is Sci-Fi doing that Tartan Extreme session again? caue that would be good.

• Advertisement

I think when they censor miikes films they just lose the value their worth. The only people who are going to look at his films want to see crazyness.

Eg - The censor of Ichi The Killer is bull****e.......

Speaking of censorship, sky movies showed dead or alive 1 uncensored a while back.

I agree with ur points about freezer kain... good for an hour but then was let down ending... tartan extreme season would be good or just a takashi miike season would be better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Well was it censored the other night? It certainly didn't seem to be.

People's naughty bits were blurred but that's an old Japanese requirement. The rest of Miike's stomach churning perversions were there... at least I think so...

Can women really squirt that much milk?

Was it actually on?

It showed up as Freezer again in my Sky planner... boo!

Originally posted by Agent Orange
    Can women really squirt that much milk?

I should hope not.
    Watching the son swimming in it on the kitchen floor is just rotten.

yah it didn't look censored to me only for the privates.

I didnt really like or dislike the film. One of the strangest i've seen though. That milk thing was a bit ridiculous. and ur man shagging the one and she's dead, and she.... well ....nuff said.... ;-)

The daugther doing her dad was a bit pervy. I dont really understand what miike was trying to say in the whole movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Originally posted by elvis2002
    I dont really understand what miike was trying to say in the whole movie.
    it a kind of reverse marxist idel of the visitor inviting himself into the home and destroying it, however in this case he taught the whole family to live together as individuals.
    Tom Mes' book 'Agitator:the cinema of Takashi Mikke'explains the film in excellent detail. Anyone interested should buy it, it really quite good

Advertisement