Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SeaCat questions! URGENT ASSISTANCE!

• 15-07-2004 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Hi, My mum's gonna be travelling on the SeaCat ferry tomorrow, and I would like to know the following:

1: Does she need photo ID on the Dublin-Livrpool route?
    2: Can she buy stuff on the shop inside the ferry with the Euro currency?

Need these answered by MIDNIGHT!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not sure about the photo-ID question but AFAIK they take euros on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I'm not sure about the Seacat but I know that to travel to Hollyhead you do not need an ID.

Yes you could use Euro to pay for stuff in the boat (to Hollyhead) change was given in £ I think.

I would recommend that she uses a Credit card for better exchange rate.

Did you try to ring them?

Regards

Yes She can use the Euro aboard, she will be asked Euro or STG at the till.
    photo id is required and may be asked for, but wasn't anytime I've recently been on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Been on that service 20 times (10 returns) in the last 10 months (I flippin'love Liverpool), no photo ID will be needed and euros and sterling are both used on board.
    Shame she just missed out on the €13.76 return fare which was running recently, it's gone up to ~€28 return at the moment :) (at least thats the fare I'm paying for my next trip in 3 weeks.

NOTE: DO NOT use the bureau de change at the ferry terminal - rip off.

Advertisement