Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a fan of my new fan controller

Options
  • 15-07-2004 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I recently bought and installed this

http://www.ocia.net/reviews/fanmaster/fanmaster.shtml

now, although only two of my 4 fans had the necessary attachment to allow the controller to be hooked up to them, i see/hear no discernable difference when I change the dial settings for fan speed.

Can anyone recommend some nice silent fans that would be compatible with this controller? The unit looks real nice, but the main reason I got it was to try and quiten things down a bit - at the moment it seems to be all show and no substance...

Should it work with any fan or do I need to by ones that are adjustable or wot?

thx

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

should work fine with any fan from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok first thing to do is to unplug the two fans that arent hooked up to it. Then try adjusting the other two and see if you notice a difference.

It really should have came with an adapter to work with molex connectors but anyway.

If making your system quiet is your goal then list your specs........

For case fans these are some of the best and will hook straight into your fan controller......... http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_Noise_Blocker_Case_Fan_080_mm_Variable_Speed_(S2_BOX)__928_en.html

There a little expensive but they do a great job. Getting a silent PC thats a good performer / overclocked is a little tricky and can be expensive. Do you need 4 fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

sys specs

amd 3000 (not clocked)
    1gb ram
    120gb single ide 8mb cache hdd
    9800 PRO 128mb
    ASUS A7N8X deluxe
    400W colourline be quiet PSU

I have 4 fans - one at front, air in blowing over hard drive and memory
    one exhaust at back - one exhasut at top and the forth at side rear blowing over pci cards and vid card

the main reason for the four fans is its a perspex/clear case - the in fans are blue, the exhaust are red - its for looks more than anyhting else but nice to keep things cold also

the two fans that are conencted to the fan controller have molex conenctions for their power, and then a 2nd tiny 3 pin which is what connects to the fan controller

the read out for the fans has fans 1-4 all listed at 0rpm regardless of what setting I put it at, and no discernable difference in brightness/velocity when I change the dial settings

I'm guessing I need to disconnect the regular molex and let it take its power only from the little 3 pin?

Advertisement