Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking

Options
  • 15-07-2004 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea why the multiplier on my MB wont adjust it stays at 11 the whole time. And also how do you start the comp on an Epox 8rdae after you've overclocked too much. i usually have to take the battery out and disconnect the power wait till excess power goes away and boot into factory settings and start from scratch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

heh I know you were teaching me about ocing back there but I think i know the answer to
    Anyone any idea why the multiplier on my MB wont adjust it stays at 11 the whole time

This I think is because you CPU is locked, and you cant change it unless you make a physical change to your Athlon chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

ah nice one thought it was that just makin sure. dont think ill be makin physical changes to my processor then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yeah its locked has been locked for some months now. I got the same chip as you just before xmas and its not locked.

right so out of curiosity how do i unlock it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

by pissing about with a soldering iron :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thats one hell of an overclock davkav. I dont know how you are keeping your chip cool at that v-core setting with out using watercooling ??.

You dont need to unlock your chip i dont think. One big thing in overclocking is getting as high a FSB as you can with the most MHZ. I run my multiplier at the moment at 13 with not as much FSB to get my overclock. If you could unlock your chip you could set your multiplier to lets say 10 and try and push your FSB as high as it will let you, anyways someone else might explain it better.

I could not push my FSB high as my PSU was crap, Why im saying was is cause it died last night when my brother was using the machine. Im just lucky it did not take any other computer parts with it, i thought for a while when doing some tests that my Video card was dead. That reminds me i must change my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

2400mhz @ 2.025 Vcore on Air and your not finished overclocking?

Dont bother even going down the unlocking route, its been tried over and over again without much luck. If you want an unlocked chip get a mobile......
    AFAIK the new chips are lazer cut (bridges) by AMD and thus is very very hard to reverse.

Got the FSB up to 230 * 11 but was just getting too hot gonna have to get water cooling. buying 9800 this week anyway so ill get the cooler then

Advertisement