Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP & Temp Internet files

Options
  • 16-07-2004 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Driving me mad this one -

Explorer set up to hold history for the past 8 days, however, if I look into my temp internet files folder – its empty & history shows nothing either….

However, if I click tools/internet option/settings/view files – it shows the identical path name, but full of files !!

Checked the folder properties & no hidden folders – I have admin rights all the way thru…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

This is expected behaviour. Temp Internet files aren't accessable as a flat file structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Are you going into your C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files directory? Seems to work fine for me here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

solution, use Mozilla Firefox, much less baggage the IE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Are you going into your C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files directory? Seems to work fine for me here.

Yep - works fine on my home PC, just not on laptop

Advertisement