Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Media Server

Options
  • 16-07-2004 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I want to setup a Home Media Server i.e. a central server with all my Videos, Music and Pictures on it and then have clients around the house to play the videos/pictures/music on the TV and music from a Hi-Fi. Also have other computers on the network.

I have seen the MP101 and this would be better if it had a better display and interface for choosing what songs you want. Is there any more of these out there that will but a display on the TV screen for allowing me to choose with a GUI.

Also I would like to do a lot of this wirelessly I understand that sending video wirelessly is not the best way to do things but is it going to be a huge problem?

Any help or any other thoughts would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Audio and pictures should be no problem for you, plenty of products available, this should be the sort of thing your looking for. You'll have trouble with the video distribution though unless you put in good coax cable network

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Jesus, who uses coax for home networking?

http://www.nodrm.com/index.php?p=54

Advertisement