Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Request) DVD Recorders

• 16-07-2004 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

hi guys

do you know wheres the best place to buy a DVD Recorder with time slip functionality and works in the republic

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Not really a bargin but Currys are doing the Panasonic DMR-E55EBS for €449.89 now, there was an ad in the Indo for it today.

Same machine is £229 + shipping from Amazon :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

thanks SteM, i seen that in the paper yesterday might have a look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I've just bought the Pioneer 3100 - Older version of the Pioneer DVR-220. Click the link to go to Leading Edge Concepts in the UK (where I bought mine from). The recorder uses DVD-R/W. It's a fantastic machine and has the timeslip functionality your looking for - You can watch a program from the start before it has finished recording or for that matter you can watch anything you have on a disc and record at the same time. A truly excellent machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

hi daveg

thanks for that, is that model compatible with irish frequencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Yep.

I have 2 sky digiboxes, An RTE & TV3 ariel and a video all feeding into the DVD recorder. The recorder has either manual or automated setup. Hell it'll even tune in the channels as you have them on your TV (if your TV supports it) - ie. Ch1 - RTE1, CH2 - RTE 2 etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Was wandering past Maplins on Saturday and noticed they've got a DVD recorder in the window but I'm not sure if it has timeslip functionality. I also noticed that hi fi store beside the ha'penny bridge have 2 Toshiba models (one with HD, one without) and both have timeslip. I think the place is called Russell Hi-Fi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've seen a Grundig one in Curry's for 349. But I don't know much about the spec or if it has the functionality you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Daveg

I went to that site and ordered a pioneer dvr 220. It arrived this morning, but they have charged me £50 shipping. It says free shipping on the site and does not say that it is for uk only. also when they sent me through the confimation notice it had 0 under delivery charge. Did they charge you for delivery?

Corm500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

You can get the Philips DVDR75 DVD Recorder from Amazon.co.uk for £169.95 STG

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

I saw that one in maplins aswell, i read up on it and from what i've heard its pretty s**t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

ohandels wrote:
    I saw that one in maplins aswell, i read up on it and from what i've heard its pretty s**t.

very s**t you mean. ;)

Advertisement