Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROFL.. Book review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Hehah

For those who dont get to read it :
    heh, that's sum funy stuff ( ** sniff **), July 15, 2004

Reviewer: cokehead mcbusherson (vacationing in crawford)

I remember growin' up and havin books like this read to me. even in high school, prep school, collage ( thanks dad and granpop! ) and when i got my MBA ( my mom calls it my "Major Bull$hit Award ), people read to me. I admit, I was a bit nervous reading in front of all those students, because most of the time, Uncle Dick and Ultimate Warrior Rummy ( that's what he likes to be called ) tell me what to say in that little thing they put in my ear. But, ( and it's a really big but, heh, heh ) Christian Soldier and fellow Promisemaker Johnny Ashcroft needed to borrow it to tell Ari ( i still don't know why that fella doesn't have a girlfriend )what to say at his press confrance!! Boy, was I mad!! Grrr!!! Uncle Dick said to just pretend that I was at an intellah...intelloh...CIA briefing, and I should put on my "smart face". If Laura didn't give me my "medicine", that morning, I don't think I could've satted there for that long. Just when I was about to open the floor up for questions ( Uncle Dick usually doesn't let me do this, but today he said it was OK )someone whispered in my ear about planes or something. That's when I started to remember flying those planes when i was in the Air national Guard for two months ( thanks dad! ). Then I found the book "My Get Poat", and let me tell ya, it was just like the lives of the American people. There was struggle, hardships, struggle, and adversity, and struggle. At lease that's what I got from the pictures.

Thats just one part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

My favourite so far :D
    4 out of 5 stars Held my interest to the end, July 17, 2004
    Reviewer: EH (PA Avenue)
    Not as good as an issue of "FHM", but held my interest to the end. Dick and Laura said it was safe to read as long as I wasn't trying to chew anything at the same time.

It really is unfair of folks to come down on me for, you know, keeping reading when Andy whispered in my ear. First, it's impolite to whisper in public. Mom taught me that. And second, . . . where was I? Oh, yeah, second, I do not desert my post, my duty, which was to stay there and complete what I'd signed up to do, pledged to do. Even if there was something more interesting over there, which I didn't listen to, because it was rude.

I had a third thing too, but I can't recall . . .

Oh, yeah, thanks Dick. I reccomend this book. Could be shorter, though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Great reviews :D I'm thinking an awful lot of people looked this up after "Fahrenheit 9/11" given all the reviews went up in the last couple of weeks.

Advertisement