Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inventions

• 01-06-2001 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

If you could invent anything that your mind could conceive, what would it be?

Mine would be a small hand-held button that, when pressed, would make every mobile phone in a one mile radius ring until answered.

probably

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

A food supplement in liquid or powder form that would sufficiently line your stomach in preparation for the consumption of alcohol, thus removing the need for greasy burgers, kebabs and the like before or after drinking. It would also prevent any trace of a hangover the next day and would cause you to wake up feeling refreshed after exactly 3 hours sleep.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

sleep in a bottle (unsweetened)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

God, what a horrible idea Kolodny - removing the basic human pleasure of eating a great big fúck-off burger and then washing it down with enough alcohol to preserve a dinosaur!

I commute to work every day. I want a star trek transporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I mean what good is getting ****ed if you cant use it for an excuse for being in late to work the next morning?

personally I'd have to invent some sort of nano-bot that hunts down and destroys genital lice with extreme prejudice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I can just imagine the maketing compaign for Kali's invention + celebrity endorsements smile.gif

My own humble inventation would be a Manager-BS to normal english translator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

A gold watch which when a special button on it was pressed would freeze time all over the world (or maybe just make you move so fast that it would make it seem like the world was frozen). Imagine the fun you could have biggrin.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A device to establish a direct nural link to a comp!

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

well this is me and my fécked up head..
    hows about some little remote controll that has a button and when its pressed everything in the world stops..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    A gold watch which when a special button on it was pressed would freeze time all over the world (or maybe just make you move so fast that it would make it seem like the world was frozen). Imagine the fun you could have biggrin.gif

</font>

i have one of them but its only silver so you probably wont want it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kastro:
    hows about some little remote controll that has a button and when its pressed everything in the world stops..
    </font>

i would invent a machine that stops people from using the same avatar as me every time i change it.....
    other than that, it would be a plate of permanent mash potato and steak that always renews. hmm, or maybe just the food replicator from star trek....

One Of your Imps Does A Good Impersonation Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears.....

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kastro:
    </font>

Read my post again, it said the exact same thing but with a classier button smile.gif

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Hendrix_Nighn

I'd also like a small calculator that you could ask any question at all and it typed out the answer with complete truth and honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by richindub2:
    Read my post again, it said the exact same thing but with a classier button smile.gif
    </font>

Yours sounded like an 80's TV movie/series called "The girl, the watch and everything".

For half of the 80's i wasnt born, for the other half i was under 5 years old, i dont really remember the tv shows all that well hobbes tongue.gif

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd make an infinite money dispenser...

And something that I could use to shave with so that the hair wouldn't come back for ages... (Not permenant... Maybe I'd want a goatee at some stage?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actualy...

Scratch that...

I'd invent a pocket-sized something that does everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Id make a hoverboard that can fly any height, go any speed, and has a force field around it so i dont fall off or experience g-forces smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i would have a small device implanted in my head, so that whenever i wanted to i could...

a) hover about 2 foot off the ground (and still move forwards and back at any speed when hovering)

b) become invisible (includes clothes and any item carried at the time)

c) allow the distortion of time so that i can move more quickly than everyone else, (yet not age quicker than everyone)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    i would have a small device implanted in my head, so that whenever i wanted to i could...
    a) hover about 2 foot off the ground (and still move forwards and back at any speed when hovering)
    b) become invisible (includes clothes and any item carried at the time)
    c) allow the distortion of time so that i can move more quickly than everyone else, (yet not age quicker than everyone)
    </font>

Just play counterstike all the time and install a few cheats (this is not an endorsement of cheating).

Changing call sign to SIERRA PAPA OSCAR OSCAR FOXTROT.

Advertisement