Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Cancelling Nolimits

Options
  • 16-07-2004 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

When we moved house two months ago we rang IOL to cancel the nolimits connection(were getting broadband in new home). Over the phone they said they couldn't do anything but to email customercare@esatfusion.com, which I did and thought that was the end of it.

However, just got a bill tday charging us for the last few months. Talking to the customer service person on the phone, she told me their records showed we last used the connection on 3rd May(the bill was 8th May-8th July) but they'd no record of receiving the e-mail so we still have to pay 50% of the bill(did she just make up that number or is that esat's standard percentage charge for connections they force customers to keep when they don't want them?). Obviously I'm not going to pay for a service that I didn't want, didn't use, and told them twice that I wanted to cancel.

In the end she told me to e-mail customer care again. I'm not sure what they're able to do when reading an e-mail that they can't do when talking on the phone, but I sent one anyway and see what happens.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't pay them a penny. They tried this with myself and lots of other IrelandOffliners too, even sent the debt to "Legal & Debt Management" for collection. I told them to screw themselves just like I told Esat.

Print out the email you sent them, and attach a note saying that you did exactly what you were advised to do on the phone, and you're extremely upset by their incompetence and their attempt to bill you fraudulently. Tell them that if they don't cancel the account immediately, and reply to you confirming same, you'll take the issue to Comreg, and if Comreg don't act on the complaint you'll take it to the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation. And if you don't get the letter, damn well do it. We need people to stand up to these thieving bastards.

Make sure you copy the letter to Bill Murphy at the same address. Don't use email, you've already seen how much Esat "Customer Care" care about email. And sure point them to this thread while you're at it.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Unfortunately, thanks to a formatted hard drive a few weeks ago, I don't have a copy of the original e-mail.
    I've mailed Bill Murphy though to see if I can get a reply out of him. Definitely not paying for anything, the woman on the phone was even able to tell me that they have in their records my last login was the third of May so they know I haven't used it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Revoque

I know exactly where you are coming from,same thing happened to me two years ago,took them 5 months to figure out i cancled it and 14 month after i cancled it got haseled from a debt collector for the 5 months sub.Did you get a conformation e-mail back from them?
    in the end I had to have it out with the head of their accounts section(I'll see if i can find her name for you) so you could try ringing them (not customer care but their accounts division).After a year and a half thats what worked for me.

best of luck:)

I got an automated confirmation e-mail 'we have received your mail and will get back to you shortly'
    Same confirmation email I got about technical problems I was having setting up broadband a month ago(which I solved myself) and never received a reply.
    I got Bill Murphy's address from elsewhere on this board and people seem positive about how he usually responds, it's the weekend now so see if anything happens for monday.

Well here's the reply I got:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that we have cancelled the NoLimits service. Please also
    note that this is the first cancellation notice we have received and as
    stated in the terms and conditions, we cannot cancel a subscription service
    until we receive a written cancellation.

For help with any further queries, please visit our new online website, Find
    Answers Right Now, at:

http://bt-esat.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt_esat.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Kind Regards

Might write back saying I want to cancel my broadband service if they insist on trying to charge me for a service I repeatedly told them I didn't want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement