Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Request) Cheap Good Photographer For Wedding

• 16-07-2004 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of one.

Corm500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

It really depends by what you mean "cheap". There are photographers who are both cheap AND nasty. If you want regular run of the mill photos using special effects there are plenty - a lot very expensive too.

There are also photographers who become a pain during the day , almost to the point of ruining the occasion.

Have a look at these couple of links. I would and could personally recommend Rhyna McCarthy (I used her for kids photos when she was on her own but she was previously with Photogenic where she learned her trade. Awards .

I actually didn't have a photographer at my wedding as a number of my friends were very accomplished SLR takers - almost predigital !. I had absolutely no regrets nor my wife but your fiance may have different views.

Do Not, repeat Do Not get a photographer without seeing their work and talking to them about their modus operandi !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I used a friend whos a photographer, but not a wedding photographer specifically. Took excellent photos. But we had to give him a list of photos we wanted we were more than happy with the photos. If you are using a friend espeically one who not a professional or used to weddings I think you have to make allowance for that and not get too uptight about the whole thing.

If you do use a friend make sust be sure they use more than one camera, an multiple shots of every important photos and shoots load of film. You don't have to get them all processed. Our guy used a SLR and Digital SLR and gave us the negs so we can get copies ourselves. Ditto the digital photos. Thats a bit saving over a professional who usually holds onto the negs. Also make sure they have an assistant as its a lot of work for one person, and anyone involved with the wedding will be too busy to help, for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭cheeky_monkey

I used this chap for portrait shots before, very reasonable cost and the shots were excellent. He's from South Africa but he works from Ireland. www.imagebunny.com

Advertisement