Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Status - Cant Get BB!

Options
  • 16-07-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I tried to make an order for BB on June 25th with IOL after previously enquiring about BB with Eircom 10 days earlier.

The order went through on the 13th July, however it came back: "Open Status", which I was told means that another company has reserved my line for Broadband.

I have rung Eircon many times (EsatBT told me that they were at fault), however Eircom are adamant that its Esats fault.

I am getting nowhere! I have never had BB before and my exchange was only upgraded on the 17th which was also the day I enquired to Eircom about BB.

Did anyone else here have this problem and if so, How did you manage to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Eircom have blocked the port so they must release it.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I rang Eircom and they seem intent on referring me back to Esat, who then insist on me calling Eircom :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 phill

Oh my dear god, you must be my long lost brother. Exact same thing is happening to me at the moment. I signed up with utv for their bb package (utv goes through eircoms lines) but 3 days later iol came out with a better package, so i rang utv and cancelled with them. This was may 25th.
    Since then ive been ringing iol every other day, and have spent more time on the phone then most of their call centre staff. Iol say they are waiting on cancellation number (which i gave to them 3 times). Eircom say they have canceled the line, and as far as they care concerned are done with it since the second of june. IOL then say that they had put though another request as of 6th of june, again to receive the dreaded "open status" message.
    I then play phone tag with eircom and iol all night. Latest update is eircom say there is no way the port can be down as open status as my application never even got as far as getting a port assigned, as i canceled the order before any equipment was even sent to me.
    With this new information, i again get back onto iol. They had better have a good answer tomorrow. I have no problem with tearing them a new one, just like i did with eircom. Just the other week i was featured in that article in the sunday biz post about businesses who are being affected by the lack of bb (mentioned that to eircom when i was on the line, take that!) and was also,like many of you all, one of the people who they tried to kick off iol's nolimits fot "overusing the service"...which im still on at the moment (which i mentioned when i was on to iol).

I'll keep you updated, i think i may finnnallly be getting somewhere now....sure whats 2 months delay....

Phill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You already had a bad experience with IOL so you sign up with them again and are suprised to be getting piss poor CS, might there be a lesson to be learned here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

bill.murphy@esat.com

He's your man if you want anything looked at.

I was assigned my very own technician who looked at the problem and found that they had actually made two orders in our name and thats why we got open status.

All sorted now, except for the fact that Eircon killed our line when they went to enable it :( . ****ing muppets!

• Advertisement
Advertisement