Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about plugs....

Options
  • 16-07-2004 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

hey...

twas just wondering when can you get a plug put in?...

can you put one in straight from a bog standard piercing?..

i take it that you can get small diameter ones first to start off??

any info would be kewl :)

thnx ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

Ive seen plugs go as small as 2.4mm but most ear piercings (unless asked for to be pierced at a larger size) are usually pierced at 1.6mm, although ive seen a 2.4 mm slide into a fully healed 1.6 mm piercing allthough your first stretch should be carried out by your piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

thanks jet..

im not into stretching but i love the look of the smaller ones...not black but titanium types...

a 2.4 would prob do me fine....your plug looks fairly small?

I have two 6mm plugs at the moment, not too big but with my metal tubes in you can clearly see through them :D They used to be bigger but I found I was happiest with this size, not too big, but not too small and should close up nicely if the time comes when they need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

i wanted to get plugs in my ears, and the piercer said that the lagrest piercing he would start with for me was a 4mm ring. Anything larger than that would be done using a dermal punch, which would mean that the hole would never close up if you took the piercing out for good. at the moment im only on a 5mm plug in each ear

do both ears have to be pierced first to allow for the plugs?

or can you get your ear pierced with the plug from scratch?

• Advertisement

you can get em plugged from skratch, but i was told that it requires a dermal punch, which means it will never close up, as it is punchin at that part of the lobe, where as a needle piercing just pushes through,

I actually got my ears done in one go, Rob in snakebite pierced them and immediately followed through with a taper to stretch them to fit two 5mm tunnels. Had no difficulties in healing them after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Jetpilot
    I actually got my ears done in one go, Rob in snakebite pierced them and immediately followed through with a taper to stretch them to fit two 5mm tunnels. Had no difficulties in healing them after.

any bleeding jetpilot?

Nope, none at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

yeah one of my mates had that done up to 8mm in snakebite.

• Advertisement

what about the price in snakebite jet?

so with the punching through...it wont heal up?....

with the punching it wont close up its like a paper puncher once the holes there, thats it, cant be filled in.

Advertisement