Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiderman 2

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Went to see this last night, didnt see the first movie.

Didnt think a whole of this tbh - story was crap, effects were ok - they didnt put much into it! Disappointing really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I really liked it. I've been thrice, but then I work next door to a cinema so I go a lot. I thought the freeze frame shot of his smiling face at the end of the Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head bit was hillarious.

Also, the Bugle editor was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Twas a good movie I thought, about 1000% (approx.) better than Spiderman 1. Spidey 1 sucked big style.

The cheese was just perfect. The 'Raindrops' scene was cool. The editor was damn funny. Great to see Bruce Campbell back on screen. In short, Sam Raimi is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

For a while there i thought they were the same guy and that the copyboy in the Bugle was Sam Raimi but it was actually his brother...Ted Raimi (doh)

I thought it was great, expected soppy mush bad effects but the sequences were droolingly good(i ofter get bored by them) and the story was not bad either...kept me enthralled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I thought it was pretty good, the action sequences were amazing. but Peter being all depressed did drag a bit IMO. A friend told me that there be 2 others baddies in the third one The Lizard ( Dr Connors) and Venom, can't see it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I really don’t like Mc Guire in these films, he seems to have reverted back to the way he was at the very beginning of the first Spiderman film, while I imagined he would be less goofy while not dressed as Spiderman.

I didn’t enjoy the film and some of the dialogue was terrible, for example when Peter talks about Ben’s murder and he says "been said no, and he shot him" lol that one had me in tears of laughter well into the next scene. Also the whole "you'll have to go through me" thing is very clichéd. I also found the scenes with Norman Osborne very poor, and Spiderman’s capture was built up to a disappointing anti-climax. I liked the use of humour in some parts, since reading about the clone saga made me realise there is allot more joking around with Spiderman (after all they are COMIC books :P) All in all I was disappointed by the film and found it all to glossy and cheesy, where I would of preferred a darker storyline connected to peter loosing his powers, for example a murder reminiscent of his uncles, the fire was ok but I dint find it very touching. Also did anyone find the little girl's helping hand in the building laughable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Saw it on Saturday night and thought it was awesome, maybe it was because I was expecting it to be crap :confused:

Anyway, I thought the action sequences were excellent as was Spiderman's whole movement. Thought the CGI was massively improved too and I really liked some of the more humourous parts (the raindrops scene for instance, plus the "I'm back" scene).

Looking forward to the next one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

just saw it tonight... it was surprisingly good ... dragged on a bit that he wouldn't get with mj forgod sakes man.... they did one too many scenes with that...

funny thing happened thought just before he vistied the lab for the frst time, the sound went ( iwas in ugc parnell street) .... never been at cinema when that happenned somebody went out to tell some one pretty quick put was watching the film for over 5 mins with no sound.. .somebody started to do a bit of voiceover whcih was funny but it was strange cos you could here the subwoofer type sound ya know... then they didn't like rewond it the sound just came on and it continued...

i read back over this thread in sec but a few question why would you do experiement with fusion in old building in the middle of city...?

and no extra protection for ppl watching it?

i thought the arms were amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

Plot hole: Harry tells Doc Ock that in order to find Spider-Man he must find Peter first. Doc Ock finds Peter with Mary Jane in the cafe and throws a car through the window straight at them. Any normal man would've been killed instantly, and Doc Ock doesn't know that Peter is Spiderman. Given that Peter is his only lead on Spiderman, it makes no sense that Doc Ock would effectively try to kill him.

yeah i thought that!!!

who is th lizard guy, the black reporter guy?

bruce campbell what esle he been in, he was great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yes, and he had the tenticles specially designed so they wouldn't be affected by magnetic fields... but then does the experiement in a room full of lots of big metal things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

chewy wrote:
    Plot hole: Harry tells Doc Ock that in order to find Spider-Man he must find Peter first. Doc Ock finds Peter with Mary Jane in the cafe and throws a car through the window straight at them. Any normal man would've been killed instantly, and Doc Ock doesn't know that Peter is Spiderman. Given that Peter is his only lead on Spiderman, it makes no sense that Doc Ock would effectively try to kill him.

Well, I suppose killing Peter Parker with a car would also have drawn Spider-man's attention.
    who is th lizard guy, the black reporter guy?

No, Doc Connors, Peter's college professor, he foolishly injects himself with lizard DNA in the hopes of growing back his missing arm.
    bruce campbell what esle he been in, he was great...

He's most famous for the 3 Evil Dead films, which were also Sam Rami's earliest films. Rami usually finds a part for him in most of his films. He recently played Elvis Presley in the excellent Bubba Hotep, in which an elderly King of Rock and Roll and a black JFK in a wheelchair have to stop a ancient Egyptian mummy. It really is cracking stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

He's most famous for the 3 Evil Dead films, which were also Sam Rami's earliest films. Rami usually finds a part for him in most of his films. He recently played Elvis Presley in the excellent Bubba Hotep, in which an elderly King of Rock and Roll and a black JFK in a wheelchair have to stop a ancient Egyptian mummy. It really is cracking stuff.

Recent as in 2002 coz nobody would distribute it till it won awards every film festival it went to. The only way I got to see it was a pirate no im waiting to see if they do a region 2 DVD.

Advertisement