Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken nokia 6610

Options
  • 16-07-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭

I have a nokia 6610 that I cracked the screen on at work. I claimed on the insurance and got a brand new one. Is this phone any good for anything now? Girl on the phone said the IMEI number would be blocked but would the phone still be good for parts, apart from the screen of course. I kept the battery of it for myself. Would it be worth much if I sold it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

the imei of phones will only get blocked if the phone is reported stolen. simply nothing to do is put another sim card in it, and c if you can make.recive calls on it. if you can you can get the screen repaired for about €70 in a place on dawson street called the telephone centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

the imei number is definitely blocked now. I tried it yesterday and at first i thought it wasnt because i was able to make outgoing calls. After a few minutes though i was no longer able to make any calls. it must just have been a delay in the network or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Tell me this digiman when you claimed off the insurance did they not tell you to post the broken phone along with the insurance claim form to ensure it is broke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

What insurance company was this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I didnt have to send back the phone or anything. It was the vodafone insurance company. They did charge me a fee of 30euro, probably for processing the claim and delivery. If I claim again within the next year I will have to pay 70euro for the next claim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement