Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minus the acceleration

Options
  • 03-03-1999 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

er, how can you get tribes to run without hardware acceleration...someone told me you could run it like that. Scratch that, i cant even get the bleedin thing to run in the first place smile.gif...i run Tribes.exe and all i get is a band of colours on my screen...pressing keys just takes me back to windows :/. I'm waiting for the opengl patch to be released atm...but my Riva 128 runs q2 in gl mode..wtf's goin on here? smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

For a start, working Quake in GL is different, because it only requires a crappy MiniGL driver.... but I think the Riva128 has a decent GL driver anyway.

Tribes runs fine in software on the machines I got for the school (still doesn't like my ISDN tho :/)... What _exactly_ happens when you click on Tribes.exe? And did you install the 1.2 patch?

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ok, when I run tribes.exe, the window appears and expands to fill the screen, its black for a second and then several bands of red appear on the screen, i think i can make out a messed up Dynamix logo but other than that nothing happens, the pc locks up and I have to reboot. I've d/l'ed the updated drivers for the Riva card (which i should've done ages ago) and the q3 test now works fine, but Tribes still refuses to run (ive placed the Opengl32.dll into the directory with no succes)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a mention of this in the Tribes FAQ. If this place doesn't have a link to them all, write in and complain smile.gif

I think the problem is from having multiple drivers from previous 3dfx cards (if you ever did?)

Is the OpenGL version of Tribes out?!!

Advertisement