Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official BF:V World War 2 mod...omg

Options
  • 16-07-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

*From Bluesnews*

For some time, DICE Canada has been secretly working on something very cool as a gift for owners of Battlefield Vietnam. We’re pleased to finally announce the fruition of this work: the OFFICIAL WWII Mod for Battlefield Vietnam.

Have you ever wondered what Wake Island or Iwo Jima would look and play like with real tropical foliage? Do you love Battlefield Vietnam but you want to be able to relive the classics without having to dig up your 1942 disks?

The WWII Mod includes the classic Wake Island, Invasion of the Philippines and Iwo Jima maps rebuilt to take advantage of all of the new features of the Vietnam rendering engine (normal mapping, undergrowth, overgrowth, etc.), as well as the gameplay tweaks that came with BFV. (capture timer, 3D Map, use of kit weapons from passenger seats, vehicle radios, etc.)

But that’s not all, DICE Canada has also added a brand new Flamethrower weapon for both the Axis and Allied teams and re-animated all of the weapons from Battlefield 1942’s Pacific Theatre. The WWII Mod has been in heavy testing here at EA for some time, so expect to see it some time in the near future.

:eek:
    Sweet,but flamethrowers in online games just dont work...Lagfest

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

:eek:
    Sweet,but flamethrowers in online games just dont work...Lagfest[/B]

Thats why it was removed early on in the development of Battlefield 1942. The DICE Canada team must have made some tweaks or just changed it to have it working ingame now. Hopefully it shall not be too big a download. Alhough I get my broadband in 9 days [touch wood] so i wont worry to much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Looks like its going to rock.

Winters: If its out b4 you get your BB give me a shout and ill post you a CD (free work CD and post :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah so this is why the 1,1 patch isnt out yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Patch isnt out cos it causes a CTD on most of the testers pcs.

Check interview on well take a guess \!/ sig

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Originally posted by Winters
    Alhough I get my broadband in 9 days [touch wood] so i wont worry to much.
    Im getting mine next friday and i cant wait getting a 1mb line ROFL with my bros Alienware i'll be un-stopable:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    i'll be un-stopable:ninja:

Unless there's a tree nearby... :D

And in the jungle, there are always tree's :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im getting mine next friday and i cant wait getting a 1mb line ROFL with my bros Alienware i'll be un-stopable:ninja:

I was on a 2mb Eircom line for a while, terrible for games ping was huge even worse if anybody else was using it for anything else.

Esat is all right as far as I know.

Still the 36mbit line in work comes in handy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Pity they couldnt have remade the better levels from bf194, i always thought the pacific ones sucked ass :(

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Pity they couldnt have remade the better levels from bf194, i always thought the pacific ones sucked ass :(
    You what the pacific levels were the best my fav was wake island give me a zero fighter and i rule the sky give me a naval ship and i rule the ocean and when im on the ground its rocket man all the way CLASSIC MAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pacific maps are best for pilots not a lot to dof ro ground forces if there are good pilots in the sky, Phillipines map is very good bit more to do for ground forces.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I usd to like invasion of the philipenes a lot
    This is greatt new, been dying for some new maps for bfv

Phillipeans is a crap map i think. Because if the US has their best pilots flying then your boat will be sunk way to fast. plus i love the zero fighters and their is none:(

Would be great if i could play on Navan??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

lol
    Look at him pine for his navan now...
    Patience kaze, your fate rests in the lap of the gods.
    And argueing your case seems to anger them :) Our bad...
    Practice your moped kills on public servers.

Rofl you sound like a jedi master talking to a padiwan learner!!

Its funny online because when ever i seem to be doing good punkbuster kicks me saying updating player please wait 2mins and theres not many non-pb sites!
    I took everything for granted and now the harsh reality kicks in im all alone!!:(

punkbuster kicks me saying updating player please wait 2mins and theres not many non-pb sites!

Make sure your PB is updated manually. The automatic update never seems to work. Also as PB is constantly checkign with the master servers it can cause some lag on slower connections causing it to time out from the master servers and therefor making the bf server kick you.

Very annoying. I remember the days when pb had to be started as a seperate program before you joined a server. That ran perfectly well on 56k aswell... god them were the days...

Thx bud will do now!

Winters are you going to be playing in our friendly clan match TiG Vs NRG?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thx bud will do now!

A few will play, just to knife your ass.
    Hopefully someone will have turned your mic off for the match, as you get annoying. From what I've seen so far, there have been a increasing number of NRG players on Navan. Mostly pretty darn good, and they don't flame everyone (like you seem to like doing)...

Originally posted by the_syco
    and they don't flame everyone (like you seem to like doing)...
    What you mean flame? And good luck with the knife killz as i'll be waiting:p
    Even if you looked like your going to get a knife on me there is always suicide and im pretty good at that!!:ninja:

Why will it make any differance?

And no, i play but my main role is building the TiG website which takes up most of my time. It takes a long time to code a full website, make graphics, hack the phpbb code, reskin the forums, change default graphics .... You know, normal website stuff.

Advertisement