Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes Modelling Tools

• 04-03-1999 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

I've been messing with the Tribes code, and done some v nice things, however I really want to design new models for the new items I was messing with. Atm there doesn't seem to be anything out there to do this.

If anyone happens across something drop me a line, ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try posting to the planet-tribes webboard under the mods section, if it doesn't exist, it would shortly after that smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Those boards rightly suck sometimes - that AlbedoZero one needs a good slap so she does.. such an arrogant cow! jeez! smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yes she is somewhat intelligent, although tends to live in her own little world smile.gif Thinks because you know how to write a program to cheat entitles you to use it and claim your actually a good player. Thought that was funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

aye, but atm there ain't any modeling tools, which is the problem. like that mod that replaces the weapons with AK-47's etc. use the current models. perhaps crazed RPG folk can pretend that the chaingun is an AK-47, but they look a bit different in REAL life ! All the mods i've seen suck due to this. I've read that the modelling tools will b released as a plug in for 3DMax ($4000 package or summit). A good way of keeping proper mods out of the hands of amatures on the net that one. not too impressed with dynamics attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Maybe they've just copped that most amateurs who create Quake/Quake2 models have managed to ahhh... "aquire" a copy of 3dsMax from somewhere..... smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Shin-chan

• Advertisement
Advertisement