Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please

• 16-07-2004 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if IOL BB have restrictions on webservers with their DSL connections ?

i have tried setting one up for a buddy , just so he can test some webpages and upload to an FTP to test them , but it wont seem to work

I have Eircom myself and never had an issue, so i was wondering if theres a problem with IOL BB for this ?

if not ... can someone talk me through the 623R modem/router and explain how to do this as if i was 3 years old and able to read ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Ok, It looks like IOL DONT restrict web servers or anything like that , so its a setting in the modem/router.

anyone know anything about the iol ones ? I need to redirect (pinhole on the eircom setup) port 80 and port 21 to 192.168.1.2 ... anyone know how thats done ?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://www.portforward.com/zyxel/623-portforwarding.htm

check http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm if thats not your version
    theres about 5 for the prestige

on a side note
    arent ports 21 and 80 ignored by nat anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by Chalk
    on a side note
    arent ports 21 and 80 ignored by nat anyway?

Em no - why would they be? And if they were, how would anyone set up external access to a web or ftp server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

*thinks before making anymore posts*

Advertisement