Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free to a good home - field cars

Options
  • 17-07-2004 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I have a very special offer to all you petrosexuals. I have a pair of Ford Fiestas to give away, yes give away to someone who likes to drive in fields. I tried to sell these in the B&S but they're not worth anything. I have always had several bangers for annoying the neighbours/pulling rocks/driving drunk in a field and now they have to go. I can hear the nerdy flames coming -'Oh you anti-social muck-savage, what about the environment?' etc. but its great fun and except when I handbraked the blue one out through my back fence backwards I've never been hurt. Mostly I get pains from laughing. The red one is an '88 and it is perfect - the NCT is out since March and it has a towbar (but it wouldn't pull the skin off your cocoa) The blue one is an '86 pickup (I had a bad day in work and took an angle grinder to it) and it goes like a rocket. I repeat, these cars are free - I will dump them soon but if you have anywhere to drive them, you can have them. They are in Co. Galway, I can post pics of them doing tricks if anyone suggests a good one...

'ceptr

Just realised pics are poo - will do better ones later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I may be interested.But how are you planning on transporting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I should have been much clearer on that - the lucky winner gets to collect these beauties, I'll can help with the towing... You could transfer your insurance onto the red one, its roadworthy and then use it to pull the blue one (bring a mate). Gimme a few bob/some CD's/an old MP3 player and I'll use my insurance and deliver them. Oh we'll figure something...

You can tax all of the cars some of the time, some of the cars all of the time but I usually don't bother...

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hehe Jensen,

You truly are a breath of fresh air to this forum :D

BTW, did you ever manage to own/drive a 'ceptr?

Me forum handle be picked from the back of Mad Max's supercharged pursuit car (Holden V8? anyone?) Have sat in both SP and FF Jensens and toyed with the idea of owning one back around 1995, but bought a 2.5 V6 Alfa 90 instead.... They have become too collectable at this stage and my budget no longer stretches to the running costs for one but if I ever win the Lotto, a MkII would be in the top ten...

'ceptr

Originally posted by interceptor
    but bought a 2.5 V6 Alfa 90 instead....

That still going strong? If so, fair play :)

They remind me of the Fiat 124 - Lada era though :(

alfa90a.jpg

A natural upgrade might be a 3.0 V6 166...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have a very special offer to all you petrosexuals. I have a pair of Ford Fiestas to give away, yes give away to someone who likes to drive in fields. I tried to sell these in the B&S but they're not worth anything. I have always had several bangers for annoying the neighbours/pulling rocks/driving drunk in a field and now they have to go. I can hear the nerdy flames coming -'Oh you anti-social muck-savage, what about the environment?' etc. but its great fun and except when I handbraked the blue one out through my back fence backwards I've never been hurt. Mostly I get pains from laughing. The red one is an '88 and it is perfect - the NCT is out since March and it has a towbar (but it wouldn't pull the skin off your cocoa) The blue one is an '86 pickup (I had a bad day in work and took an angle grinder to it) and it goes like a rocket. I repeat, these cars are free - I will dump them soon but if you have anywhere to drive them, you can have them. They are in Co. Galway, I can post pics of them doing tricks if anyone suggests a good one...

'ceptr

Remember if you don't shift them DO NOT DUMP THEM!
    I'm sure the Galwey CC or City Council will have a facility for old cars many local authorities do these days.

Also whoever picks them up if you intend driving them on the open road check they are taxed tested and you have insurnace cover. Otherwsie get a trailer, it would be a bummer if you got done cos of lack of planning.

(we're an upstanding road legal board!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'll take the best looking one/the one that'll last longest in a field. Im in Galway myself - where abouts are you?

I cant get out tomorrow (Monday) because im getting a fuel pump replaced in my car, but I can take one of them off your hands on Tuesday?

Thanks for reminding me Mike65 - despite appearances to the contrary I am not so irresponsible. These cars will neither be dumped or driven on the road without insurance. I shall not be NCT'ing or taxing them however as I am from a country under the sea where tax is unheard of. And I pay enough tax.

John, the red one is in good order - it is a sixteen year old Ford so don't expect too much!!) I live just outside Tuam and am home by six in the evening. Oh and its got a Pioneer stereo. And petrol, did I mention it had petrol. Pm me your phone number if you really want a car to practice j-turns, doughnuts and sliding across the bonnet like Crocker in Miami Vice.

'ceptr

Alfa 90 update for Unkel:

I sold that particular rust-bucket to a nice gentleman in Sligo several years ago and missed it badly. Nerd fact - it was the first production car with an active spoiler, the front air dam dropped above 50 mph. It also had huge green interior lights, came with a slot-out suitcase in the dashboard and would slide sideways with no warning on damp junctions. Fun? It was replaced with a Honda Prelude 2.2vtec - now that I really miss...

'ceptr

it was the first production car with an active spoiler, the front air dam dropped above 50 mph

dropped or fell off ;)
    It was replaced with a Honda Prelude 2.2vtec - now that I really miss...

So what do you drive now?

• Advertisement

Hmm, was afraid you were going to ask that. Since arrival of sprogs and dogs, Prelude had to go and now have 2.9 V6 Renault Espace. Oh its comfy, goes fast and carries lots but I can't get over the feeling that I'm driving a potting shed...

Aside from the Fiestas I'm trying to give away (see post), I have a pair of Minis, one partially restored '69, one knackered '79 and a pair of Cinquecento Sportings (trying to find Punto engine to fit one) - am trying to revive Cinquecento as new Mini, since BMW mini unaffordable and not mini anymore....

Fiat X1/9, Alfa GTV ('83 2.5), Mk1 MR2, Fiat Coupe all on shopping list - how 'bout you?

'ceptr

I can't get over the feeling that I'm driving a potting shed...

Ah well at least it's the V6 - what else can one say ;)
    Alfa GTV ('83 2.5)

Wow great car. Remember dribbling over pictures of it before I even started driving myself. Haven't seen one in at least 15 years and would be surprised if there is even one on the roads in this country today :dunno:

Fiat coupe can be had new for next to nought in the UK if you're prepared to cough up the VRT on importing it

My dearest memory about a Mini is 5 Artillery Sergeants in uniform doing 70mph on a single carriageway in Germany (felt like 120mph)
    how 'bout you?

The search functionality here on boards works great ;)

Thanks for reminding me Mike65 - despite appearances to the contrary I am not so irresponsible. These cars will neither be dumped or driven on the road without insurance. I shall not be NCT'ing or taxing them however as I am from a country under the sea where tax is unheard of. And I pay enough tax.

John, the red one is in good order - it is a sixteen year old Ford so don't expect too much!!) I live just outside Tuam and am home by six in the evening. Oh and its got a Pioneer stereo. And petrol, did I mention it had petrol. Pm me your phone number if you really want a car to practice j-turns, doughnuts and sliding across the bonnet like Crocker in Miami Vice.

'ceptr

2 Things;

1) Waiting to get my own car back
    2) Waiting on the lend of a car trailer

Once I have these 2 things sorted I will defo take either of them off you, pref. the red one... the one with a roof lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Haven't seen one in at least 15 years and would be surprised if there is even one on the roads in this country today
    Well I've seen several GTVs on the roads here in the past few years. The ones I saw were the versions with black plastic bumpers though, there is an earlier chrome bumper model which is super rare. I don't know if the 1983 2.5 has chrome or plastic bumpers. I'm a nerd, but not that big of a nerd :)

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone down here in Waterford had a black one for a few years (this was about 5-7 years back) and I'd see it at Carrolls Cross on the N25. Always like the idea of driving one not sure about the owning aspect though! :)

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Wish I lived in the country so I could keep clunkers around. So to speak.

BTW, am I the only one that thinks "Floor Pie" when I see "Field Cars"?

Mmmmm, floor pie...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

field driving old bangers, truly it is the sport of kings.
    I havent done it in years.

/me fondly remembers the last days of his old Talbot Horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I drove in a field when I was about 15/16. Great fun alright :) There were a few of us who used to drive around in a field on one guys farm. I had a bronzey gold coloured Cortina "cashel", the others has various datsuns, opels, toyotas, fords. It was great craic but after a while just driving around and doing handbrake turns wasn't enough so it turned into an impromptu demolition derby (with no safety equipment whatsoever) That was all very well until one lad got T-boned and broke his pelvis :eek:

Still, happy days :)

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

This is exactly what a mate of mine is looking for if either of the cars are available?

Both cars still available, juiced up and ready for off. Johncleary wanted the red one, but they are free and its first come, first served. The red one has four seats and a stereo, the blue one has two seats but will fit bales of hay, beer kegs, building rubble etc in the back. I used it last weekend to pull the stump of a dead tree out of my garden. My neighbours must hate me... Sorry Mr. Purcell - did the smell of burning clutch ruin your barbeque...

'ceptr

• Advertisement

intercepter!
    I'm taking the red one!! I'm still waiting to get my own car back though, fscking fuel pump!

Any pics of the red one? Does it have a tow bar?

Where *exactly* are you?! I know galway pretty well, dont be arfaid to give precise location :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement