Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The debs... are you screwed?

Options
  • 17-07-2004 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey anyone else here, got no job to pay for limo, tux/dress, and the rest?

i am so screwed i dont even know who im going to bring :dunno:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by 2+2=5

I didn't go to my debs. thats cos none existed. seems like hassle anyway. way more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

In fairness you don't need a limo. All you need is money for the tickets and booze. Tux's arent THAT expensive to rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Originally posted by 2+2=5

SCrewed, but not in the monetary sense. The only girl i felt comfortable about asking said no. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Why bother. its only a drunken fest thesedays. Its like an x rated version of Beauty and the Beast. ;)

And as for the limo, I hear there a little too popular. Everybody gets one and as such their quite common and scumbaggish especially the white ones.

If u really want to have a good time with your date just take a holiday for a while in spain; Its probably cheaper.

Regards

Herr Krupp Of Essen

I have no girl to go with yet. I am so screwed. I am just gonna have a laugh with my friends anyway, all I want is a girl to go with who I am show off and won't annoy me the whole night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Pretty Much.

And ours is right in the middle of September, ie. the same week college starts. grr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Dont worry about getting people to go with even if your not exactly a ladies man,most girls are delighted to be invited to the debs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

^Will bear that in mind ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

meh, bringing dates cost's money

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My limo was going to be lovely, booked it and all. 25 quid each from the girls. One of them booked it. FOR THE WRONG NIGHT!! So now we have to get a crappy white one. :(

Got my dress though. And it's gorgeous. Of course I'm going to say it. But it is.

Have NO idea who I'm gonna bring. Have a backup....but I DON'T wanna bring him.

I have a job though, so I'm not that ****ed money wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭clearz

Sell or give the extra ticket to one of your mates that is not in your school or year. You dont need to bring a bird there is plenty in there to score. You will have better craic with a big gang of mates anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My Debs was last August. I tought i was screwed cos i broke up with my boy friend a few days before it. I asked a friend for help. She got me a partner who i had never seen before so it turned out to be a blind date. To me it was one of the best nites i ever had. Take my advice and dont go too crazy on the expenses. Cheaper is better! ;) TRUST ME!

The girl who organised our debs invited a load of knacker scumbags to our debs. The girl also cheated in the leaving cert and because of these two things a lot of the sound people in our year aren't going. This sucks ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

My plan:

1. Hitchhike the 20 miles to the debs, picking up da beore on the way.

2. bring 3 naggins = E21, locked for the night.

3. sneek upstairs to the hotel rooms, for cheap accomadation.

It might not work, but thats the plan,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i aint going to mine, hate most of my f*cking class, and am moving out of this f*cking sh*thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

i aint going to mine, hate most of my f*cking class, and am moving out of this f*cking sh*thole.

Quoted for truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Noodle

I'm pretty screwed for these debs. I have my tux and all but I still dont have anyone to go with. Its a month away. What am I going to do? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

To all those blokes saying "I´ve no girl to go with, what am I going to do?"

Ask someone goddammit!! Ask any girl you think you might have a laugh with and unless she´s going already she´ll say yes.
    But ask soon, as in the next few days FFS cuz it´s alright for us lads just renting a tux but girls need loads of time to get a dress and stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

im not spending any money on a limo all on tux. white pinstripe im gonna show everyone up somethin fierce ill probably end up the only sober person there though. all tux and no beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Saint

Jesjes wrote:
    My limo was going to be lovely, booked it and all. 25 quid each from the girls. One of them booked it. FOR THE WRONG NIGHT!! So now we have to get a crappy white one. :(

Got my dress though. And it's gorgeous. Of course I'm going to say it. But it is.

Have NO idea who I'm gonna bring. Have a backup....but I DON'T wanna bring him.

I have a job though, so I'm not that ****ed money wise.

You realise the white limo's are more desireable don't you? Usually they are booked out nearly a year in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Meh i'm not going to my debs either. Loads of knackers from the area around where i live got invited and not only that, 99.99% of my class and year are eejits, knackers, and just generally annoying people (myself included ;-) ) although there are some sound people but meh i dunno i guess a night of getting pissed and it breaking into a fight (cus it always does where aidans is concerned) just doesn't seem very attractive to me.

Hey could someone tell me: If a lad goes to the debs and he doesnt bring a girl with him would he look stupid. Like would it be ok to go on your own or to bring another lad with you. I'm so confused!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Saint

Noodle wrote:
    Hey could someone tell me: If a lad goes to the debs and he doesnt bring a girl with him would he look stupid. Like would it be ok to go on your own or to bring another lad with you. I'm so confused!!! :confused:

It's grand if you're going with afew mates. TBH the date is only for the photo, most lads ignore their's for the night and have a piss up. No one really give's a bolox who you turn up with. Though turning up with a guy might send out the wrong message. It will bother you as much as you let it bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't see why anyone should care what others think to be honest. Yer only giving into the social machine then. And after a few years it'll destroy you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Saint wrote:
    You realise the white limo's are more desireable don't you? Usually they are booked out nearly a year in advance.

No. No they are not. I wanted black or silver, which we had. White ones are for weddings, or as SOME PEOPLE [not me, I don't think this ;)] would consider knacker-ish!!

What exactly happens at these debs? Is it: We turn up at the hotel at about 8pm. Have dinner sitting across from ones partner. Then dance for a while (I mean what if you have no partner!?!?!?!?). Then drink loads and go to bed at about 4 am. I'm sorry to say this but again I'm confused!!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

You don't need a partner to get up and dance. From my experience it's not really a formal "guy and girl" dancing thing but just most of the year together arseing about in a drunken mess on the dance floor. Don't worry about a bloody partner this is probably the last chance you'll get to have a laugh with your schoolmates (IF they arent all arsehole scummers that is :) )

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Personally, I'd have felt like a bit of a tit if I'd shown up to my debs with no girl on my arm. But I doubt there would have been any commotion if I didn't.
    I don't recall anyone showing up at the debs without a partner, the fact that I don't recall it should be supportive enough :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

so far, one rejection, and the other girl i was going to ask was blanking me. Am i really that bad? :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Noodle wrote:

I brought noone to my second debs and it was miles better than the first. With a girl you're tied down for the whole night and cant make that big a tool of yourself :p

Advertisement