Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The debs... are you screwed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Ohhh I'm nicely screwed now....

No Limo
    No Tux (Yet)
    No Girl (Yet!)

And that our debs is on the 15th of September. UCD (assuming i get there) lectures start on the 16th. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Noodle

Heres the situation: What would you do if your debs was a few weeks away and you had your 2 tickets payed for, your hotel room payed for, your tux deposit payed but there was no girl left for you to bring? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Jesus, you're all an optimistic lot, aren't you.

Debs are a drunken orgy and generally lads bring girls they don't know, and ignore her most of the night, so why bother asking her in the first place. Save the money from the ticket and have a good time.

And limos in general are tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

just go, you dont even need a tux,just get the lend of a suit!
    dont worry about not bringing a girl, its all good :D
    enjoy it.
    cant wait for mine,last years was brilliant to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i didnt go to mine as i was really shy and hadnt been out drinking much... ever.

cant say im disappointed either. all my friends say its not all its cracked up to be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think it totally depends on your class really.

I'm lookin forward to mine. Supposedly we're not allowed book a room in the hotel, but I might anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Aw I'm real worried bout mine, have my tics and got the dress yesterday but have no idea who to bring and its in 6wk, i know a lad only has to hire a suit so it's not too much hassle. I went to a mates last yr so in fairness he kinda owes me if im stuck but feel really bad asking him coz he now has a gf. Am totally not interested in him like that but don't want her getting wrong impression!!!!!Ah this is way too stressful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i'll be bringing a guy (i'm a guy too) if all goes to pot. So, no real worries here.

Jesjes wrote:
    I think it totally depends on your class really.

I'm lookin forward to mine. Supposedly we're not allowed book a room in the hotel, but I might anyway...

Heya jesjes what do you mean by it depends on your class? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sorry. Lol, I returned your pm, but I should probably say it here too.

Class as in year. Your class mates. As in if you get on with them and such. Not as in if you are middle class or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lol just got completely sorted plus my group of champions are also completely sorted. hahahahaha. my mate has a complete velvet suit what a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Oh god, the memories.....
    Was in the same boat as you lot, no dress, no date etc.
    In the end, I went with a male friend of mine.
    And my dress was the nicest one there! (if I do say so myself...it would want to be considering the hours I spent trawling around town looking for it...but in the end I got EXACTLY the dress I had in mind!!!).

I spent months worrying about the date thing, had everyone driven mad.
    Don't worry people everyone in our year had a date and they're all assholes so you guys should be grand.

Maybe set up a new matchmaking thread for everyone looking for a date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

neev wrote:

Hahaha, jesus no.

neev wrote:

Hey I agree with neev. Someone should definitely set up a new matchmaking thread. But ye bother not all say that I should because I'm only agreeing with neev. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Lads, i'll rent u my girlfriend, she's 5'5", cute blonde with big hoohoo's!

she's not available on 22nd (my debs) and 16th (her debs) of september.

in return i'd like a 200GB Hard Drisk...512mb PC3200 RAM.........

thats a joke BTW, before theres any sparks of girl power...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd give you a broken stick of ram for her if you like

i'd give you a broken stick of ram for her if you like

hmmmm...256 or 512? :D

i was thinking more along the lines of a old 4mb stick

i'd have to see a pic first tho...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

classy lads, just classy.

• Advertisement

classy lads, just classy.

I knew there was gonna be one....

She's worth at least 512mb of CAS2 Mushkin Level 1.....no less

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

lol up the feminists!!! They're only jokin like leave them alone... 4meg of ram? hrm that's alot... dont suppose you have a younger uglier sister that i can have for a little while? I'm willing to offer... ohhh hrm i dunno let's not break the bank here... errrrm.... a pentium 1 200mhz? ohh and i'll throw in a top of the range ISA sound card :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

bring me

im cheap to bring anywhere

meh,

i also need a date,

aparently my hand doesnt not count as a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

elle wrote:
    Aw I'm real worried bout mine, have my tics and got the dress yesterday but have no idea who to bring and its in 6wk, i know a lad only has to hire a suit so it's not too much hassle. I went to a mates last yr so in fairness he kinda owes me if im stuck but feel really bad asking him coz he now has a gf. Am totally not interested in him like that but don't want her getting wrong impression!!!!!Ah this is way too stressful!

Doesnt matter if he has a girlfriend, as long as you don;t try any funny business. A lot of the couples at debs arent together anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Doesnt matter if he has a girlfriend, as long as you don;t try any funny business. A lot of the couples at debs arent together anyway.

There must have been 10-15 max. couples who were "together" at my debs last month, out of about 100. As soon as the dinner is over with, the partner is usually ditched and replaced with copious amounts of alcohol. It's kinda funny how people are stressing about partners 6 weeks beforehand... I asked mine 3-4 days before the night, and it turned out to be a fairly good night. Just don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

A mate of mine said his older brother was at a party a week or two before his debs and roared out to get everyones attention and then said "Are any girls here not going to our debs?" And that's how he got his date.

For all those saying the non-couple partners are ditched early on I wouldn't be too in favour of that myself but for jaysus sake surely all those of ye that are "screwed" know at least one person of the opposite sex who you'll have a laugh with if you bring. They're not really going to say no to a night of drinking with a free feed, band and DJ unless you're an awful asshole altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Just so we're all clear...

The earth actually won't spin off its axis if you don't have a debs date. Better to go alone and hang out with your friends than to go with some random stranger who you'll end up having a shrieking row with towards the end of the night. And there is always one couple (at least) who end up like that.

I went solo and never regretted it. I did thoroughly enjoy watching the aforementioned shrieking rows unfold though, I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

if youre a guy, dont bring a girl you dont know that well, she's only gonna go off with people she knows anyway, (like i did last year) a debs isnt a place to get to know them.
    however its a great place to get someone drunk and laugh your hole off at them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement