Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwed by Google AdSense

Options
  • 17-07-2004 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

My AdSense account has been suspended because of "invalid clicks" being generated. I didn't do this, which means some idiot came onto my website and decided to repeatedly click the ads so my account would be disabled. This louser has succeeded in having my account suspended and losing me a source of revenue from my site.

It doesn't say much for AdSense if it can't just ignore these "invalied clicks" without having to suspened someone's account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

does it generate much revenue anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

status: Either we require login from users from your ISP because of abuse, or the thread is marked members only. Please login and then back up to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Couldn't you route all clicks through a script on your site that uses a cookie or some other method to stop future clicks from that IP for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have you even tried contacting them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by blacknight
    Have you even tried contacting them?
    Yes, and they effectively told me to bugger off...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

That sucks, but I guess from the eyes of Google it's really not worth their time investigating it properly - plenty of other sites out there. If it happens once, they probably think it's likely to happen again. Still it creates bad blood. How many impressions was your website getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Not too many - about 50 a day - if I could get enough revenue to pay for the domain name registration I'd be happy.

Advertisement