Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 Multiplayer info

Options
  • 17-07-2004 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this deserves a new thread but if it doesnt just merge etc :)

Basically its a clien-server with a max of 4 players.
    However the engine can handle more than 4 so modders have freedom.

Some stuff covered here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Bloody short:), did not give a definitive ans to the number of players query - can't see it being 64;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

max of 4 players? suck ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

did goldeneye suck ass i dont think so this if could be truly great if the maps are made perfectly for four player mayhem.
    Brock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

only 4 players is lame, unless they can play coop, roll om HL2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Hmm news to me that Doom 3 had a multiplayer element, wasnt it only ever supposed to be a single player fps

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Splinter Cell only had 2-4 players didn't it?

If they put in a Co-Op mode on the PC they'll have my money on launch, regardless of whether I can play it on my machine or not.

BatBat - 4 players is not lame. You are a narrow-minded fool if you think that.

There'll be plenty of scope for larger-player games, but if the gametype and levels don't suit 192-player teams, it's gonna suck aswell.
    When you look at the detail of player models and levels, having 3 of them running around your screen shooting pretty balls of pixel-shaded death and your machine is just about coping, you're going to be very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

BatBat - 4 players is not lame. You are a narrow-minded fool if you think that.

Lets reserve judgement until we actually play the game, either way its looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I wont eb bothering with MP on this game at all, finish single player, give it back, max of 4 people means even a small gather will fill a server pretty much guarenteed, even a gather at 4 in the morning, why bother if theres no co-op? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i bore so easy of computer ai these days, even if the graphics are extra extra fancy i cant see myself playing this game much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Any think a good mod will be made for Doom 3 with more players online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's almost guarentee'd that someone will make a mod to expand the multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

It is guaranteed that it will be made. Dunno if it will be any good tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

There better be, im not a big fan of single player games... I get bored too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think id plans to use Quake 4 (avec le Doom3 engine) as a multiplayer platform rather than Doom 3 itself.

Advertisement