Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys WAG54G and WGA54G - Help !

• 17-07-2004 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Really difficult problem.

I am trying to hook up a PS2 to a home network and had thought the problems were signal quality but then realised that the wireless light on the WGA was not on.

It seems that even when the WAG and WGA are next to each other they cannot communicate.

I have reset the channels / ip address etc loads of times but nothing - in fact sometimes the WGA stops the network from working and has to be removed !

There doesn't appear to be any firmware upgrades for the WGA.

I have made sure the SSID's are matching exactly and all encryption is turned off.

When I use the browser to look at the WAG it does not register the WGA as either a wireless connection or as part of a lan - but the other connections show up ok.

I have also changed using several different channels. It is set up as Infrastructure in both the software and the little switch on the side.

Some specific q's

1. Do I have to have both devices set to the same channel?

2. Is it better to set the WGA to use DHCP?

Any help would be great

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

Originally posted by Buzz_Irl
    1. Do I have to have both devices set to the same channel?

2. Is it better to set the WGA to use DHCP?

1. Yes but the WGA should auto detect the channel
    2. DHCP with a WRT54g router should work fine.

Is the WGA picking up the ethenet connection to the PS2?? It will not work otherwise.

Advertisement