Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 free texts...

Options
  • 17-07-2004 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Was in pub other nite when mate of mine showed me how to get 5 free texts....

so when your writting a text type siemens(then phone number after siemens to who ur sending text) so after number is inserted,write ur message and when ur asked to put in phone number like normal after text is done put 50440...i got 5 for free,didnt affect credit......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Sounds urban myth like. But hey if you actually did it......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

i did....my mate thought it was unlimited until i tried texting everyone then got message i suppose from a siemens server saying ive gone over my free 5 texts...its good if u have no credit too...my wife has no credit at mo and she has sent 2 so far without any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭terryhickey1

yea tried it works 4 5 txts aday...cheers buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably something set up for Siemens staff to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Not working for me- maybe whoever's in charge noticed and switched it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by mad m
    put 50440...

appears to be a 'free' SMS short code allocated to Txt4info, Siemens does appear as one of their clients...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

No doubt you have just added yourself to their database!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sent the messages, didn't get charged, but mate never recieded the txtx's

Originally posted by Lenny
    Sent the messages, didn't get charged, but mate never recieded the txtx's

well lenny only found out about this last thursday when met couple of mates breaking up for hols....i tried it lastnite on cousins phone and it still worked...dont know why yours didnt...maybe its finished now....havent a clue....mates daughter told him about it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

so you type "siemens 087xxxxxxx <msg>" ?

Hmmm am i getting it completely wrong ? :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Tusky
    so you type "siemens 087xxxxxxx <msg>" ?

Hmmm am i getting it completely wrong ? :)

yeah then when it asks for number type in 50440.....it seems to be working for some and not for others....so dont shoot the messenger...ok

maybe it only it works for some networks. It doesn't work for me on vodafone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought I was doing somethign wrong aswell Tusky, thats the way I'm doing it.
    I'm on o2 and not working..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

well i just tried it,no credit and the message has just sent,no report yet tho im 087 and i just sent it to an 086 number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i heard about this being done before, in the UK and it was only a way to farm mobile numbers that could be sold in lists to potential advertisers, so you can be bombarded with rubbish texts, that you are never able to unsubscribe from cos u dont know where they are coming from, and since you did something you shouldn't have in the first place u cant complain. its not only your number they farm but also the recipients number.............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Odd how this is a promotion **** are doing atm.

Wonder why I still get their "newsletter" even though they banned me from their forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Originally posted by Asok
    Wonder why I still get their "newsletter" even though they banned me from their forums.

Ha ha ha

SNAP!!!!!!

Originally posted by Asok
    Odd how this is a promotion **** are doing atm.
    Indeed-
    http://www.****/viewtopic.php?t=295&highlight=50440

exact same instructions as detailed here. Retried and it is now working for me.

Message sent gets "<your number>. Siemens C65 - The MMS All rounder" appended on the end, so I'd say if you try and send a 160 char message you'd get about 20-25 chars cut.

I guess its a C65 promotion that has now made it to the wild? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

Go to write message: type in SIEMENS

Then phone number which u wish the message to be sent to,

Then type your message!

Then when ur asked to put in phone number like normal after text is done put 50440

Example: Siemens 0871234567 har maties!

Send this text to 50440

This message should be free 5 times a day.

free is good people :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

i remember bout 3 years ago you could change ur message centre number to some weird number (supposedly australian) and it would send free from eircell to eircell, somebody copped on eventually though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tried it last Saturday and it said "This promotion has ended, please visit the siemens website to buy nice phones yadayadayada".

Advertisement