Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intermission and brown sauce

• 17-07-2004 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

You know the running gag in the film Intermission where Colin farrell puts brown sauce in his tea.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it. Seems a bit yuck to me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm gonna try it now. I'll report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not a bother.

I don't know how he applied it in the film but I put in a teaspoonful and it and it was totally neutralised. All you get is the aroma of it as you hold it to your mouth.

I think I'll try bbq next ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that just sound's rank!

(coffe with brown sauce, now try that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Originally posted by tallpaul
    You know the running gag in the film Intermission where Colin farrell puts brown sauce in his tea.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it. Seems a bit yuck to me...

Not to pick on things... but i will anyways.... :rolleyes:

It's actually Cillian Murphy (John) and David Wilmot (Oscar) who are hooked on putting brown sauce in their tea, cos they robbed it and have to get rid of it somehow - hence, brown sauce sambos etc.

Have been meaning to try it but just don't think i could stomach it! Even the thought of it turns my stomach!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yes, and they then get Colin Farrell's character hooked on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Tried brown sauce is red whine, its ****ing minging.

Terrible idea, from a terrible film..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i was actually at the premier of that and met all the stars, cept farrell who was shooting alexander.

i tried the brown sauce thing the next day, absolutely disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

It's really unpleasant.. I'm convinced the filmakers put that in purely so people would try it..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Tried it and it was disgusting them made it worse by adding milk. It curdled instantly unfortunately I didn't look before taking a mouthful. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ha ha its delish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I made a thread about this on the food board when Intermission was out. I tried it , it was ikky.

Advertisement