Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Modification

Options
  • 18-07-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was a bit lost about where to put this thread, but i think that the Teaking/Modding forum is sutable because in a sence it is a modification.

Anyway, I recentley downloaded and installed the "Microsoft Longhorn 6 Transformation Pack", This is only a Transformation pack and is not actually one of those dodgey beta OS's. Below there is a picture from the new desktop. I was just wondering if anyone else has installed it or knows anything about it that they may want to say. What you you thinkof it?

Longhorn.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

what the password for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Originally posted by powerhousedan
    what the password for it?

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can you post a link to download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Haven't tried Longhorn, Style Xp is amazing though I must say! :) Still trying to find a fix for the latest version though :rolleyes:

You can download Longhorn Transformation pack here:

[Download Now]

Those of you who have a 56k modem you may want to use Get-Right because it's 27mb.

Also, the main thing that I like about this transformation pack is, that you don't need to have any programme's like Style XP or Window Blinds running in the background.

Have fun, :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Apart from looking different (or crap, depending on your opinion), what advantages does it offer?

Well it does have a side bar which has a Decrotive Clock, A Memo, File Mirror Search, Google Search, a picture slide show, and there are a few other things but I cannot remember them. Anyway, it's alright but I would not be mad over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Surely Samurize can do all those things? And look nicer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Before i install this will it mess up my computer, Add spyware etc will it slow down my system?
    I find windowblinds cause a slightly slower boot up than ordinary windows.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

wont install with service pack 2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

messed up my computer when I used the black skin - screen corrupted - was just about able to uninstall by peering through the murk without using safe mode, but it took a while to get rid of it entirely.

be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, steer clear.
    The "sidebar" is actually a flash program, you can't add toolbars etc.. like a real sidebar.
    Installed it on my laptop for curiosity, I was gonna reinstall windows anyway, so I had nothing to lose.
    IMO it's not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    Yeah, steer clear.
    The "sidebar" is actually a flash program, you can't add toolbars etc.. like a real sidebar.

Don't like that side bar really so wasn't going to use it.

I think i'll hold back installing it untill i plan on doing a full windows re-install

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Umm, which app are ye complianing about, Samurize or longhorn transformation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

The original one mentioned, longhorn transformation.

Previous to this, I had also installed windowblinds and was quite happy with it until I discovered it stopped some COM/ActiveX code working correctly. I couldnt be bothered trying to sort it out so just uninstalled windowblinds altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

That side bar is not going to really be a part of Longhorn - it's some sort of joke from M$ because it's clearly the crappiest waste of space/CPU cycles/effort even witnessed on a Desktop. God it's trash.

Advertisement