Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Hampton Square Navan Road? And a question about bargaining with rent

Options
  • 18-07-2004 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Is anyone living/has rented in Hampton Square? Its on a shortlist Im looking at next week.

Also - if, say, an Ad on DAFT.ie is looking for a thousand euros a month is the landlord only looking for 900? How much have you bargained a deal in the past?

Thoughts please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by PullMyFinger!
    Also - if, say, an Ad on DAFT.ie is looking for a thousand euros a month is the landlord only looking for 900? How much have you bargained a deal in the past?
    It's hard to say. A landlord will look for more, a tenant will look for less. There is some softness at the moment, especially with students being away for the summer.

A new (first few days) ad. won't see a landlord reduce price - if anythign it might increase.

If the ad. has been up for a week and not let, then the landlord may need to think about lowering the rent and haggling "I'd prefer to spend 800-850, but I can give you the deposit now" might work on him. Also ask about having bills included in the rent.

If it's been there a few weeks, the landlord would appear to have an over-inflated idea of what it is worth and may not be succeptible to haggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Cheers Victor

Any more input would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Also - does anyone know of Royal Canal Park also on the Navan Road :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Royal Canal Park is being built at the moment - it's a fairly huge development. It starts at the Broombridge railway crossing and extends to the Ashtown railway crossing.

There's a mediocre link http://www.royalcanalpark.com/home.htm

Disadvantages would be that it's still under construction, most of it is further from the city than Hampton Court, and the existing services like shops are going to be further away. Not to mention the fact that you could be overlooking the rail line. View of the canal = view of the rail line and the associated noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hampton park is nice, its about 2 miles nearer to the city then royal canal bank 900Euro seems like a good price , but some of those houses are small, ie 2-3 bedrooms none of which are huge. its a quite place and the shops that are near by are handy, royal canal is as said before still being built and the other phases will be on line for a while, I bought near there so to there I'm obviously happy with it , but the built houses are a trip from the station and you'd have a little trot to the bus station as i dont think that the new routes are on line yet, if i was you id pay an extra100-150 a month for Hampton, thats if you have it of course the time yous save would be a big factor

• Advertisement
Advertisement